2.

"What have you done?!" Addison exclaims as soon as she sees me stumbling inside. I plop on my bed and toss my crutches aside. I lay back and take a deep sigh. I turn my head and see Addison is still staring at me. 

"I fell off a chair and broke my ankle." I sigh. 

"God, Mer...That's so stupid!" She laughs out loud. I laugh with her, thinking about how stupid this actually was. 

"Did everything work out with the books and our schedule?" I ask. I place my elbows on the bed so I can hold myself up. 

"Yes everything went perfect" Addison smirks. 

"Why are you smirking like that? What aren't you telling me Addie..." I raise my eyebrows. I know by best friend very well and I know exactly when she's holding something back form me. 

"Nothing!" She says all too quickly. I raise my eyebrows once again looking at her. "Alright, alright" She caves. "I met a guy. He asked me out tonight." 

"Addison!" I laugh. "How can you have already betrayed our pact?"

"What pact?" She asks confused.

"The one about not letting boys distract us from college..." I laugh.

"Oh...Ah well" She shrugs her shoulders and smiles. I roll my eyes and gently place my foot on the bed.

We spent the rest of the evening talking, watching movies and eating pizza. At nine Addison leaves the room to meet the mystery guy at the bar. I continue watching movies and eventually fall asleep. 

-------------------------------------------------

I wake up around 9am. I look around and Addison is nowhere to be seen. Her bed is perfectly made and in the exact position as it was last night. I look confused and sit up in bed. I swing my legs over the edge but when my foot hits the edge I remember yesterday's events. I groan and slide out of bed, resting on the healthy foot. I hop towards the closet and change into something comfortable. Its ugly and not sexy at all but it's comfortable. I am about to get back in bed when I hear a knock on the door. I hop towards it and open it. 

I am prepared to see Addison in the opening but I am met with someone completely different. A pair of blue eyes are staring down at me. "Hi" He says.

"Derek, hi" I step aside so he can come in. "What are you doing here?" 

"I had to get out of there. Mark, my roommate brought some random girl home last night and I had to get out. I left when they got home because I definitely did not want to be around for that. I wen back inside when the coast was clear but now they're waking up again..." He laughs nervously. "Anyway I thought I would come and check up on you. I brought breakfast!" He smiles. 

"Oh thank god, I'm starving!" I gesture to my office chair and he takes place. He takes a sandwich out and hands it to me. Then a realization hits me. "You didn't happen to get a look at the girl did you?"

"Yeah, I guess I did. Why?"

"Well my roommate didn't come home tonight. She was out for drinks with some guy she met yesterday. What did the girl look like?" 

"I don't exactly know. It was pretty dark yesterday but she has red hair." 

"Are you sure?" I ask, giggling.

"Yes, definitely red hair." He nods his head. 

"God Addie! She's got to be kidding me." I laugh.

"It's your roommate isn't it...?" He laughs. 

"Yep" I laugh and we laugh at the stupidity of our friends. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------