10.

Derek's POV

We arrive at the cafe and I see my mom sitting in one of the lager boots near the window. We walk in and we take a place in the booth. "Good morning mom"

"Good morning dear." Mom looks up from the menu. "And good morning to you too Meredith" She smiles. "I am glad you could join us. Is Mark coming as well?"

"Good morning Mrs. Shepherd" Meredith smiles shyly. I notice her nervousness and I squeeze her hand under the table. I hope she calms down a bit. I like her a lot and so will my mom.

"You can call me Carolyn dear." Mom smiles softly.

"Alright, Carolyn" Meredith giggles.

"About Mark. He will be here soon but he might bring Addison if that's okey" I say.

"Addison is..."

"His girlfriend. Or... I don't know if she is his girlfriends officially but..." I cut in.

"I see" Mom smirks. We are about to order our food when the bell of the cafe dings. Mark and Addison walk in and take place in the booth as well.

"Hey mom, it's good to see you" Mark says as he kisses mom's cheek. "I hope you don't mind I brought my... Addison?"

"Of course not. The more the merrier." Mom smiles and introduces herself to Addison.

We order food and catch up. Mom also asks Addison and Meredith some questions and over all it is a comfortable conversation. After breakfast Meredith and I head back to the dorms. Mom wanted to spend the dat with Mark. After some convincing Addison also joined and now they are off to see the city. Mom promised to come back and spent a day with me as well but right now I don't mind. I am glad I get to spend more time with Meredith alone.

"I am sorry my mother barged in like that. It must have been a bad first impression on both sides." I chuckle, feeling kind of embarrassed for the events of his morning.

"It's fine Derek. I was kind of nervous at first but your mom is an amazing woman. So kind and warm." Meredith smiles. My heart warms up. I am so glad my girlfriend and mom get along.

"I am sorry for calling you a friend this morning..." I whisper. "I just didn't... we never talked about it so I just went with the safe way."

"I get it. I am glad you changed your mind tho. About the whole friends thing" She giggles and pulls on my hand. She brings her face closer to mine and presses her lips on mine.

"I am glad you agreed" I smirk, kissing her back.

We arrive at our building and we enter Meredith's dorm room. I wrap her in my arms and press kisses all over her face. She hugs me back tightly. She buries her head in my chest and we stand like that for a little while.

"Derek" Meredith whispers.

"Yeah?

"Can we hang out today?"

"Sure. I do have an extra football practice today but I am all yours the rest of the day" I chuckle.

"Okey" she whispers.

"Are you tired?" I ask her.

"A little bit" She admits.

"Come here" I smile and lift her up I take a place on the bed and lay her on my chest. She strokes my chest with her hand and my heartbeat picks up. Every time this girl touches my my heartbeat starts to race. And I love it. "Try to sleep for a little bit." I whisper and before I know it little snores escape her lips. I chuckle to myself. I normally hate people who snore but these snores are cute, comforting.