17.

Derek's POV

"Come one Mer. It's getting late" I whisper in her ear. The kids went to sleep a while ago and now the adults start to go as well. 

"Okey" Meredith mumbles. She is clearly tired of the long and exhausting day. I pull her to her feet and place my hand on the small of her back. I lead her upstairs to my old room and walk her in. She takes a seat on the bed and is about to get changed when I stop her. 

"Mer. I also got you something for Christmas. I know we said we wouldn't buy each other anything but I couldn't help myself." I smile widely as I pull a small box out of my closet. I hand it to her and she unwraps it. She opens the box and tears form in her eyes. I panicked a little. Are those happy tears? does she hate it? 

"Der..." she whispers as she pulls the necklace I got her out of the box. She takes a better look at it and a single tear rolls down her cheek. "It's beautiful, thank you" 

I sigh in relief. She turns around and hands me the necklace I place it around her neck and she shows it off to me. The simple heart at the end of the necklace falls perfectly between the crease of her breasts. "You look gorgeous Mer." I smile widely. 

"Thank you Derek. I just... I didn't get you anything" She says and looks down at the ground. 

"You did!" I quickly say and lift her chin up with my finger. "You. Being here with me. That's the best gift you could have given me" I smile sincere. She smiles back at me and leans forward. I kiss her lips passionately and she embraces me. I hug her back and rest my chin on her shoulders. 

"I..." I breath. This is it. This is the moment I've been waiting for. I have known this since the day I met her and she only made me feel it stronger ever since. I gather the courage and take a deep breath.

"I love you" I whisper. I'm not even sure she heard me. God why did I ruin this perfect moment. Stupid.

Meredith pulls back and looks me in the eyes. It stays quiet for what feels like hours but then she takes a deep breath and whispers. 

"I love you too" 

A huge smile appears on my face. I gather her in my arms and throw her on the bed. I crawl on top of her and hover over her perfect body. I attack her lips, exploring her mouth. She moans a little at my touch and deepens the kiss. My hand finds the hem of her sweater and my fingertips gaze over her soft skin. My hart skips a beat at the feeling of her skin. God she is perfect. 

"Der. Baby" Meredith whispers while pulling back from the kiss slightly. 

"Yeah?" I breath, about to pull her sweater off. 

"I'm still not having sex with you in your mother's house" She giggles. 

"Come one" I grumble. I look at her with a sad face which makes her giggle even more. "then what am I supposed to do with this?" I say looking down at my crotch. The tongue action caused my cock to rise and it's now throbbing in my pants. 

"You dirty boy" She smirks looking down at it too. I just roll my eyes and roll off of her. I wrap her in my arms and pull her close to me. She cuddles deeper into my chest and presses small kisses on it. 

"Good night. I love you" I say and a smile instantly appears on my face. It feels so good to finally say it. 

"Good night Der. I love you too"

------------------------------------------------------

No one's POV

"Come one. Let's bust them. I bet they're having sex all over his bedroom" Amelia giggles to Lizzy. Lizzy giggles back and they quietly sneak upstairs. Nancy and Kathleen quickly follow. They didn't want to miss this! 

Carolyn shakes her head as she sees her daughters sneaking up the stairs. She overheard their conversation and quietly follows the girls. She definitely doesn't want to see her son having sex but she wouldn't miss the expressions on the girls faces when they do in a million years. The girls are all gathered around Derek's bedroom door and Carolyn stands a little further down the hall. 

Amelia count to three and swings the door open. "Gotcha!" She smirks and bursts in but her face quickly drops. The rest comes in and it stays quiet. "Aww" Amelia smiles. 

Carolyn gets curious and decides to take a look herself when she enters the room she finds her son fast asleep. Meredith is tangled up in his arms and his head is resting on her chest. One of Meredith's hands is in his hair and Derek's arm is thrown over her stomach. Carolyn smiles. He truly looks happy. Meredith makes her son happy and she is thankful for that. Derek deserves someone who makes him happy. 

Derek slightly stirs and moves his head deeper into her chest. Lizzy smirks as one of Meredith's boobs is right in front of his face. "Come one girls. Let's leave them alone" Carolyn whispers and ushers the girls out of the room. Amelia quickly whips out her phone. 

"One second" She grins and quickly takes a couple of pictures form different angles. 

"What are you doing?" Carolyn asks confused. 

"Leverage" Amelia smirks and the girls walk out while giggling loudly. Carolyn takes one final look at the adorable sight in Derek's bed and closes the door on her way out. 

---------------------------------------------------

"Derek. Come one! We have to be there in 30 minutes!" Mark bursts into the bedroom and Meredith and Derek both shoot up in bed. They are wide awake and Meredith grumbles at Mark. 

"Shit!" Derek exclaims. He jumps out of bed and pulls on some clothes before leaving the room. 

Meredith looks confused. What the hell just happened? Before she knows it Derek storms back inside and kisses her passionately. "Im sorry. I almost forgot" He smiles. "I love you, bye Mer" And by that he leaves the room again. 

"Derek?! Where are you going!" Meredith yells after him but it is no use. 

Meredith is confused so she decides to go downstairs. When she enters the kitchen she is greeted by Kathleen and Amelia. They hand her a cup of coffee and some eggs. 

"Good morning. Thank you." Meredith smiles. "Do you know where Derek and Mark went? Mark came hurting in our room and pulled Derek out of bed." 

"Yeah they went down to the big lake in the woods. Every year during the winter break our neighborhood organizes a big hockey tournament on the frozen lake. Mark and Derek participate every years since they turned 18."  Kath explains.

"That explains it" Meredith chuckles. 

"We are going to watch the game. It starts in an hour. Care to join us?" Amelia asks. 

"Sure. Sounds fun" Meredith smiles thankful. She finishes her breakfast and quickly takes a shower. At 10am the girls meet downstairs and they all go out to support their brothers during the annual hockey game. 

*Thank you guys for reading my story this far. If you have any ideas/suggestions please let me know! I'm curious to what you think so far!"