5.

Derek's POV

The dinner was nice. We ordered pizza and Mark brought a couple of beers. We talked and laughed and after a couple of beers Mark and Addison couldn't seem to keep their hands off of each other. After dinner Mark and I went back to our room again and I decided to go to th gym on campus.

I love going to the gym and working out. It's a great way for me to clear my head and I really needed some alone time, like really alone. After my workout I took a quick shower. I walked out and the events of last night came back to me. The way Ian was about to touch Meredith again.

I think about what would have happened if I didn't show up when I did. I can't seem to shake the thought out of my head and all of a sudden I feel the urgent need to see Meredith. I quickly get back to my room and get changed into some comfortable cloths. I go across the hall and knock on the door.

"Come in" I hear Addison say. I walk in and I am met with Mark and Addison cuddled up together in her bed but Meredith is no where to be seen.

"Where is Meredith?" I ask.

"No idea" She answers. "She left shortly after Mark came. She mumbled something about not feeling the need for a real life porn movie. I don't know..." She laughs and shrugs her shoulders.

I chuckle. I definitely understand why she left. "Alright can you tell her I came looking for her?" I ask before leaving the room and going back to my own.

I hope Meredith shows up tonight. I am sure Mark and Addison are far from done and she has to return to the room at some point, right? I don't know why I feel the need to be with her, to be close to her...

I decide to go to the store for some groceries. It was actually Marks turn but I already know he will forget and I have nothing better to do.

When I enter the store I quickly grab everything we need and eventually I reach the frozen goods section. My eyes fall on a tub of strawberry ice cream. I remember Meredith telling me about her unconditional love for strawberry ice cream and laugh to myself. I toss a tub in my cart and head to check-out.

——————————————————————————

There's a knock on my door and I jump up to open it. I really hope it's Meredith. I open the door and my lips curl into a wide smile. "Hey"

"Hey." She smiles back. "Addison told me you came looking for me? I am actually so glad, you really don't want to be in there right now." She chuckles and points to her closed dorm room.

"Yeah, come on in. I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out...or something" I chuckle, the nerves suddenly getting to me.

"Sure. Would love to. What do you have in mind?"

"Uhhm." I chuckle. "I didn't really think that far ahead."

Meredith laughs and takes a place behind my desk. "Maybe we can watch a movie?" She offers.

"That sounds like a plan" I smile while grabbing my laptop. I open Netflix and let her scroll through it. Her choice eventually lands on some chick-flick movie called 'Made of Honor'.

She looks at me and grins. "Can we watch this one?"

"Sure" I playfully roll my eyes and start the movie. "Where do you want to sit? We can sit on the bed if you want"

Meredith smiles and hops on my bed, crawling up and to the side, making room for me. She pats the empty spot next to her and I quickly take a seat. I have to wrap my arm around her in order to not fall off the single bed. I am afraid she is going to flinch or look at me weirdly if I do but I do it anyway and to my surprise she just smiles and rests her head on my shoulder. I grab a blanked from the end of the bed and throw it over our legs before placing the laptop on it.

————————————————————————

We're half way through the movie when I remember the ice cream I bought. "Are you hungry?" I ask. Meredith looks at me with a confused look. I hop out of bed and grab the tub of strawberry ice cream.

"Strawberry ice cream!" She exclaim. I grab a spoon and crawl back in bed. I hand her the tub and she quickly digs in. She hands me the spoon and I take a bite as well. I hand her the spoon back and she looks at me with a wrinkle in her eyebrows. I look at her confused.

"What?"

"You left spit on the spoon" She giggles.

"No I didn't!" I defend myself.

"You kinda did..."

I grab the spoon from her hand and stick it in my mouth. I swirl it all around, licking it and completely covering it with spit. "Here" I smile while handing the spit-covered spoon to her. She giggles loudly and rolls her eyes. I smile back and grab a paper towel to clean the spoon off.

She continues eating the ice cream. We continue eating the ice cream and watching the movie. It's around 10pm when we finish the movie. Meredith takes a deep sigh. "God, Patrick Dempsey is one fine piece of ass" She smirks. I don't know how to react to that so I just roll my eyes as she keeps giggling.

"Do you have to go back or can you stay a little longer?" I ask her. She looks at me and smiles.

"I can stay a little longer if you want"

"Good because I want to show you my favorite movie now" I scroll through Netflix and finally land on the movie 'IT'.

"Oh God. I hate Horror movies" She laughs. "I get scared way too easily"

"Come one, It'll be fun. I'll protect you" I grin.

She shakes her head and chuckles but eventually agrees to staying for another movie. We start it and Meredith is doing great so far. She had a few jump scares but she just squealed at that. Now we are getting closer to the part where Georgie dies.

"God that is very unsettling" She pulls a face at the sight of Pennywise in the dark sewer.

"Keep watching, it gets better" I grin, knowing exactly what is about to come.

"She looks at me before looking back at the screen. Just as she looks back Pennywise opens his mouth wide and rips Georgies arm off. She screams and buries her head in my shoulder. She clings tightly to my arm and I don't mind. I don't mind at all.

"It's over Meredith" I whisper when the scary part is over. She carefully lifts her head off my shoulder and takes a peak before removing her head completely and sitting back in the position she was in before.

"I'm sorry" She giggles. "This was just way too scary."

"It's fine" I smile and wrap my arm around her again. I do this in order to not fall off the bed, just like before, but this time, deep down, I know it isn't the only reason.

We finish the movie and Meredith holds onto my arm tightly the entire time. I sometimes quickly glimpse at her and every time, she looks at my laptop screen with fear in her eyes. She has a pillow in her hand in order to cover her face at the scary parts. It's cure, she's cute.

Wow...where did that come from?

We finish the movie and Meredith crawls over me, out of bed. She gathers her things and is heading for the door when I stop her. I also get out of bed and walk up to her.

"Thank you for tonight. I had a great time" I smile.

"Yeah, I had a great time too. Thank you for the ice cream"

"No problem." I smile again and give her a hug. I can smell her perfume on her neck. Pull back slightly and look into her beautiful green eyes. I lean forward and kiss...her forehead...

What the hell was that man. Her forehead?!

She smiles up at me and walks out the room but before the door closes she turns back and looks at me. "I'll see you tomorrow" She flashes me a cute smile and disappears behind the door of her own dorm.