14.

School started about 3 months ago. Now it is almost time for Christmas break. They only have two more days left and Mark and Derek are both stoked to go home for the first time since school started. They can't wait to finally see their mom and sisters again.

"So when do you want to leave?" Mark asks Derek. They are in their dorm, already putting some things a a large duffle bag.

"I was thinking we leave first thing in the morning on Saturday. It's about a six hour drive so we should arrive in the afternoon."

"Sounds like a plan. I really can't wait to finally be home again. I've missed mom and the girls and it's just way too long since we saw them. Well except for mom of course."

"Yeah, I can't wait either. I'm just a little worried about Meredith."

"Why?" Mark asks confused.

"It's just... Meredith and her mom don't have the best relationship and last night I asked her about her plans for the holidays. She just ignored the question and... distracted me" Derek smiles while still having a frown on his face.

"Right, nice" Mark smirks.

"Oh shut up. Like you and Addison haven't been going at it like bunnies."

"I guess we have. But I am proud of it" Mark grins.

"Sure you are." Derek smiles and sits on his bed. "I just don't want Meredith to spent two weeks on campus all alone." He sighs.

"Why don't you just bring her? I am sure mom wouldn't mind. She seemed to like Meredith when she first met her. I also got a couple of calls from Amelia and Lizzy asking about the mystery girl that makes their brother so happy. They would be thrilled to meet her."

"I-Do you think it's a good idea?" Derek asks unsure.

"Why not? You love her, right? I don't see the problem."

"I do... I think I do love her. We haven't said it to each other or anything but... yeah." Derek smiles. "I just- What if they don't like her. I mean you have met Nancy..."

"Yes Nancy can be a real bitch and she probably will be hard on Meredith at first but we both know she can warm up to her. And I am not worried about the other's at all. I think Amelia will like having someone closer in age in the family and Lizzy has already been asking question."

"Right. You're right. I would love to have her with me"

"So ask her! Go!" Mark encourages him. Derek smiles widely and jump out of bed. He walks across the hall and knocks before walking in.

"Hey!" He greets both girls as he walks in.

"Hey Derek!" They both say enthusiastic.

"I came to talk to Meredith. Would you mind to leave for a bit Addie? Mark is across the hall. He's probably expecting you."

"Of course, no problem. Bye guys!" Addison smiles and hops across the hall to Mark.

"Hey baby, what's up" Meredith gives Derek a soft hug and kisses him briefly.

"Last night I asked you about your plans for the holidays. I never got an answer."

"I don't know. I'll see in the weekend." Meredith shrugs.

"Are you going to your mom's?" Derek asks.

"No I don't think so. She will have to work all the time anyway and I really don't want to see her. Why are you so obsessed with my plans anyway?" Meredith says, now irritated.

"I just don't want you to end up here on campus, alone." Derek walks up to Meredith and takes her hands in his. "I want you to come with me. Mark and I are going home and my family always spends the holidays together. You already met my mom and I am sure my sisters would love you too."

"No...Derek. I don't want to be a burden to you or your family." Meredith sighs. "I can just spent the time here. I will be fine."

"Please, Meredith. You would never be a burden. Besides, I don't think I can spend two whole weeks away from you." He smiles softly.

"Derek..." Meredith says. Tears have formed in her eyes. She hates she doesn't even have a good home to go to.

"I would love you to come Meredith. We leave at 8am on Saturday. Just think about it" Derek smiles and kisses the top of her head before pulling her in for a tight hug. He knows this must be hard for her. She probably never experienced the feeling of a loving family or holidays and he hates that for her. He just hopes he can change that for her and that she lets him.

------------------------------------------------------

It's 8.05am on Saturday morning and Mark is banging on the girls door. Meredith decided to join him and Derek during the holiday's. Addison is going to spent the break with her family so she would be here all alone, apart form Derek.

Meredith woke up late, as always, and was now rushing to pack her bags and get ready. "I'm coming, I'm coming!"She yelled. She sprinted to the door to open it and immediately went back to finish up.

"Come one Grey. Shepherd already has the car parked up front and everything is loaded in." Mark groan. He is definitely not a morning person.

"Okey I'm ready" Meredith says while closing her suitcase and taking one final look around the room.

"Good. Now let's go" Mark takes her suitcase and they head outside. Derek is already waiting for them. He loads Meredith's luggage in the car and they all take their seats. Meredith wanted to sit in the back but Mark insisted on sitting there so Meredith took a seat next to Derek in the passengers seat.

Meredith kissed Derek and to say good morning and soon they were on their way. Derek was happy about the whole situation. He really is glad Meredith decided to come. Now every single person he loved would be in the same house during the holiday's.