24.

It is the last Friday before spring break and last period is almost over. Derek and Meredith can't wait to get out of here. Mark is spending his break with Addison and her family so it will be just the two of them, and Derek's family of course. 

The bell rings and school is finally over. Meredith and Derek sprint back to their dorms and grab their already packed suitcases. Derek drives his car out front and loads the suitcases in the trunk. Meredith takes care of the snack bag, making sure there are also some baby carrots and cucumber slices in there for her health freak of a boyfriend. \

"You ready Mer?" Derek asks as he walk back into his dorm. 

"Yes! Got the snacks and drinks ready and picked out some great music for the road. Let's go!" Meredith says excitedly and grabs Derek's hand. Derek locks up and they head over to the car to start their 6 hour car ride. 

----------------------------------------------------------

"Are we almost there?" Meredith asks for the thousandth time. Derek rolls his eyes and gives her the same answer he gave her 5 minutes ago. 

"We will be there in 4 hours Mer." He sighs. "Why don't you try and sleep for a little bit. Time will go quicker that way." 

"Yeah. I think I will" She says sleepy. She leans over and rests her head on his shoulder before slowly dozing off to sleep. Derek smiles to himself and presses a soft kiss to her forehead. He pust on some soft music and rests his hand on her thigh. He lest out a content breath and stares at the road ahead of him, bobbing his head to the rhythm of the music. 

After a while he feels Meredith stir and her eyes slowly flutter open. She sits up straight and rubs her neck. She groans and rests her head back on the head rest. 

"Well good morning love. How did you sleep?" Derek asks as he steals a glimpse. 

"Ugh. I slept really good. Your shoulder is so comfy" She smiles. "But it's not the most comfortable position so my neck is killing me." 

"I'm sorry Mer. Do you want me to give you a massage when we get there?" 

"I would love that, thank you Der" 

"Of course baby. We only have about an hour left. Do you want to choose the music?"

"Yes! Let's listen to Taylor Swift!" Meredith exclaims and takes Derek's phone to look up some songs. She picks a few songs, puts them in the queue, puts the volume up and Taylor swift starts playing on the radio. 

Don't blame me, love made me crazyIf it doesn't, you ain't doin' it rightLord, save me, my drug is my babyI'll be usin' for the rest of my life
I've been breakin' hearts a long time, andToyin' with them older guysJust playthings for me to useSomething happened for the first time, inThe darkest little paradiseShakin, pacin', I just need you
For you, I would cross the lineI would waste my timeI would lose my mindThey say, "She's gone too far this time"
Don't blame me, love made me crazyIf it doesn't, you ain't doin' it rightLord, save me, my drug is my babyI'll be usin' for the rest of my lifeDon't blame me, love made me crazyIf it doesn't, you ain't doin' it rightOh, Lord, save me, my drug is my babyI'll be usin' for the rest of my life

Meredith is singing along to the music, happily moving in her seat. Derek often takes a look at her and smiles. He loves seeing her this happy. Before they know it Derek drives up the long driveway and parks the car in front of his childhood home. 

They quickly get out of the car, take their suitcases and knock on the front door. The door opens and Carolyn greets them, pulling them both in for a hug. 

"It's so good to see you again Derek. And you too Meredith! It's been a long time sinds I saw the two of you." She smiles and ushers them inside and to the living room. 

They talk and catch up for a while before Derek gets tired. The drive here exhausted him and the catching up and socializing didn't help matters much. They says goodnight to Carolyn and head up to his old room. They crawl under the blankets, Derek pulls Meredith's body close to his and they fall asleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the third day of spring break and they have the house for them selves. Carolyn decided to visit her friend on the west coast for a few days so Meredith and Derek will be alone for the time being. 

"Soooo... what do you want to do today?" Meredith asks as they are eating breakfast in the kitchen. Derek made some eggs and toast for them and Meredith made some coffee. 

"I was thinking of taking you to the beach today. If you feel up to it of course." 

"Hmmm" Meredith says in a questioning tone. "You is only swim trunks, running around in the sand and water dripping down your very sexy body? I'm in!" she grins. 

"Good. I am going to take a shower and change into beach clothes. We can leave right after if you want." 

"Sounds perfect" Meredith smiles and pecks his lips before moving to the living room. She can hear Derek stomp up the stairs and turn on the shower. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is this good?" Derek asks while walking up to a fairly empty spot. The spot is located not too far from the water and close to the end of the beach. 

"Perfect" Meredith smiles and puts all her stuff down. They spread their towels out and take a seat. Meredith pulls her beach dress over her head, revealing the seducing olive green bikini underneath. 

Derek lets his eyes wander over her body which makes Meredith giggle. "Der" She chuckles, pulling him out of his trance. Derek pulls his eyes off of her perfect body and takes off his own shirt. 

"Can you put sunscreen on me?" Meredith asks. 

"Of course love, come here." He pulls Meredith closer to him and sits her down between his legs, her back facing him. He puts some sunscreen on her back and spread it out, massaging it in her skin. After he covered her entire body she takes the bottle out of his hands and turns around. She squirts some sunscreen out of the bottle and uses it to cover Derek up as well. She spreads the sunscreen out over his toned stomach, chest and back. 

"Thank you baby" Derek smiles and kisses her passionately. Meredith lays down on her back and pulls her head over her face to tan in the sun. Derek kisses her shoulder, letting her know he is going swimming and sets off to the water. 

*Sorry if this chapter is a bit messy or something but I just wanted to give you an update. I don't really like the chapter but I just wanted to give you all something. I have a great idea for upcoming chapter tho*