11.

Meredith's POV

"Derek, come one baby" I softly whisper in his ear. "We have to get out of bed. We have to leave in half an hour" I giggle.

"Uhggg" Derek groans, burying his head in my shoulder. I run my hand through his hair and press a soft kiss on his forehead.

"I am going to undress now" I smirk mischievously. I know that will get him up. And just as I pull my shirt over my head Derek sits up straight in bed and his eyes wander over my body. I giggle. "Come one, get up. You have to drive me and I am taking you too" I grab his hand and pull him out of bed. After some negotiating he finally dresses himself and makes us some breakfast.

"Why do we have to go to the hospital?" He wines. I smile. He can be such a little kid sometimes.

"You know exactly why. My cast is coming off today and I am taking you in to let the doctors take a look at your hand."

"But my hand is fine!"

I look down at his big, swollen and bruised hand. Even tho he managed to do some mind blowing things with his hands since last week it still doesn't look good and every time I accidentally bump into him he winces.

"No it's not. Don't worry, I'll come with you but someone really has to take a look at it."

"Ugh fine" He sighs. We quickly eat something and leave for the hospital.

-------------------------------------------------------------

We arrive at the hospital and we walk down to the front desk. As we walk I can see Derek's nerves getting worse with every step he takes towards the hospital. I loop up at him and he is just staring straight ahead. I brush my fingers over his forearm and slide my hand in his bigger one. I tangle our fingers and give his hand a small squeeze. He lets out a smile and I can feel his body relaxing slightly.

"It'll be fine Derek" I whisper, stepping closer to him and laying my head on his shoulder for a minute.

"Yeah..." He breathes.

We check in and the nurse takes us to the waiting room. First someone is going to come in to take my cast off and after that they will take a look at Derek's hand. After some waiting the same doctor as when we first came here walks into the waiting room.

"Meredith Grey" She calls and I stand up. Derek follows me.

"Good to see you again. And I see you brought your friend again" The doctor smiles, taking a glimpse at Derek.

"He's my boyfriend, actually" I smile proudly. The doctor smiles at me and shoots me a wink before leading us down to an exam room. I sit down on the bed and the Doctor takes a saw to take my cast off. The saw tickles on the sensitive skin underneath the cast when it the doctors starts sawing straight through it. Before I know it the cast is off and my weak, thin leg is revealed. The doctor cleans my leg and I am all done.

"Everything looks good Meredith. It healed up nicely and you should be just fine. You will experience some discomfort with walking and putting your weight on it for a few weeks but you don't have to be alarmed."

"Thank you." I smile as I turn to Derek. The doctor follows my motion and also looks at him. She notices his injured hand and frowns.

"Do you want me to take a look at that? It doesn't look all that good" The doctor offers.

"No that's-" Derek starts before I cut him off.

"Yes, please."

"Alright sit down for me." The doctor points to the bed. Derek takes a seat and places his hand on his thigh. Derek winces as the doctor examines it and frowns. The doctor looks back at the two of us. " You are lucky because it looks like it is badly sprained, not broken. I will give you a brace for your wrist and it should heel up nicely in the upcoming weeks. You don't have to come back as long as it keeps healing."