6.

Meredith's POV

I am finally back in my room and kick my shoes off. I am exhausted from the long but very fun evening. Even tho we stayed in bed and watched movies I was constantly on edge. A very kind, good, and did I forget to mention HOT man was sitting next to me. We were on his bed, very closely together, very closely. And then, when I left he kissed my forehead? What was that all about. I don't know but I think I'm just going to let it slide for now.

"So, how was your date?" Addison grins.

"It wasn't a date!" I say.

"Yeah right. You spent 3 nights in a row an entire evening with the same guy. You tell me you guys aren't a thing"

"We're not! We're friends!" I exclaim. I mean we are... I won't deny the things he makes me feel but we are friends. For sure.

"Alright... If you say so I'll believe you. For now..." Addison grins.

"But tell me about you. And Mark... You've spent even more time with the guy than I spent with Derek. Are you two a thing?"

"I-" Addison shrugs her shoulders. "We have been hanging out a lot and every time we have such a good time together. We just click."

"That's great Addie. I'm so happy for you." I smile genuinely.

"And we haven't made it official yet but yes, I think. No, I know, we're dating."

"Good, that's good." I smile again. "But Addie?" I chuckle.

"Yeah?"

"Can you give me a heads up if you and Mark are going to spent the night in our room? I can head over to Derek's if that's the case" I laugh.

"Sure" She laughs with me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Derek's POV

Mark arrives home and is carrying a take-out bag. He got us some snacks and a couple of beers. I hop out of bed and we sit down on the floor and talk about our day.

"What did you do today?" He asks.

"Oh not much. Meredith came by and we watched two movies. She just left actually. How was you day with Addison?"

"Wow hold up. Meredith came by, again?"

"Yeah, why?" I say.

"You've spent the last three nights together. Are you two a thing?" He asks. I look at him confused.

"No? Why would you think that?"

"Because you're spending a lot of time together and besides, she's hot"

"That I can't deny" I chuckle. I mean she is, its unmissable.

"So...did you make any moves yet? Send off some signal? I mean you are interested, right?"

"Yeah, I am interested. I just don't know if she is..."

"So, make a move! What's the worst thing that can happen? She rejects you and ignores you. Its not like you two have been friends forever..."

"I guess that's true. I kind of wanted to...make a move..."

"So why didn't you?" Mark asks confused.

"I did! kinda... Well I tried but I ended up pressing a kiss to her forehead." I say, avoiding his gaze.

"Dude?!" He exclaims in disbelief.

"I know, I know. Don't get started." I sigh. How could I be so stupid? Maybe she got the wrong idea and now she thinks we're just good friends and nothing more.

"Alright man. Just go for it is my advise. You've got nothing to lose."

"Thanks Mark." I sigh. "What about you and Addison? Are you guys dating?" I say trying to change the subject.

"I don't know. I like her for sure but dating? I don't think we are. I don't think I'm ready for that after Lexie..."

"I understand. I still miss her." I sigh.

"Yeah..." Mark sighs and the mood is killed. We decide to just go to bed. It was an exhausting evening for the both of us and we have class tomorrow early in the morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey!" I yell down the hallway. Meredith is walking a few steps ahead of me. I know we both have Biology the first hour so we can walk to class together.

"Hey!" Meredith smiles as she turns around. "I knew it was you."

"Yeah. We have Biology right?"

"Yeah. But we have to hurry we're pretty late already." She says and starts to walk faster. I keep up with her and before we know it we arrive at the lecture hall. Everybody is already there and the professor has already started. We slip to the back of the class and sit in the only two empty seats left.

Meredith's POV

We take the last two seats, next to each other and focus on the professor. He goes on and on about the upcoming exam and how extremely important and hard it will be. After a while I look next to me and I see Derek sitting slumped in the chair. His head is crooked to the side and I lean over to take a better look. To my surprise Derek is fast asleep. I chuckle to myself.

"Derek" I whisper. "Derek" But there is no movement. I gently grab his hand that's resting on his lap and take it in mine. I give it a little squeeze and rub little circles with my thumb. "Derek" I try again, still whispering because I don't want to get any attention on us.

Derek slowly opens his eyes. He looks so lost. "Derek" I try once more.

"Huh? Yes?" he says groggily.

I giggle. "You were asleep. We're still in class"

"Wow. Thanks for waking me. I really need these lessons because so far I still struggle even tho I take this for the second time." He chuckles.

"Maybe staying awake will help" I laugh.

"Yeah, definitely" He laughs with me.

We try to pay attention for the rest of the lecture but Derek keeps distracting me. He keeps pulling weird faces or whispering stupids words but I don't mind. After the lecture we walk out together and are about to part ways when he holds me back.

"Hey. I was thinking maybe we can study together for next weeks test. I could really use your help." He smiles shyly.

"Good idea!" I smile. "You can come by tonight if you want"

"Fine by me. I'll be there around 8"

"Sounds good. See you tonight Derek" I smile and we part ways.

*Be prepared for some light smut next chapter 😈*