Chapter-3|That boy in my bedroom window|

"I've never gotten a love letter before. But reading these notes like this, one after the other, it feels like there's only ever been Peter. Like everyone else that came before him, they were all to prepare me for this."

- Jenny Han, To All The Boys I've loved Before

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am a huge fan of Jenny Han's "To All The Boys I've loved Before" series

I am a huge fan of Jenny Han's "To All The Boys I've loved Before" series. It's epic and I have binged watched all the movies on Netflix. Let me just tell you I have a huge crush on Noah Centineo, I mean he is damn fine. I even made a playlist for that movie.

 I even made a playlist for that movie

"I like me better when I am with you......" I sing as I get changed into my pajamas and brush my hair. Then I recall the little incident when Cross kissed me on the cheek. It was awkward. Don't get me wrong, he is hot but getting involved with my boss isn't part of my job description. Not to mention how complicated our already complicated situation would be. Besides I don't even like him. He is rude, insufferable and very arrogant. And I don't like myself when I am with him. Take today for example, he laughed at my expense and made me run all over the place. Argh! thinking about him makes my blood boil. He is the single most hated species in my book of must hate and I want to keep it that way.

I finally put a lid on my thoughts and open the YouTube app to watch some funny cat videos.
Suddenly, I see the acoustic video of
"I like me better better" by Lauv cover by Landon Austin. He is one of my favourite cover artist's. I click on the song, plug my airpods, fluff my pillow beneath my head, settle on my bed and close my eyes. As the music echoes in my head, I am lost in my own world, the days worries fade away, I forget about Vamp Boss and drift away.

My peaceful relaxation is interrupted when I hear a blaring noise, I check my phone screen and guess who just called. It's none other than my best friend Jasmine Evans. Let's get the facts straight. She is my best friend from hell and back. Our friendship dates back to senior year of highschool. We bonded over our love for boy bands, cheesy rom-com movies and Pumpkin latte, with chocolate chip, whipped cream and sprinkles. I still remember all those times we skipped school and sneaked out. The parties we attended and got shit drunk. The dares we made and the stupid pranks we played. Damn it! I miss her! She seems now galaxies away and is happily married to Vamp Boss's older brother Elijah Cross. The world was taken by surprise when Elijah, the former "Playboy prince of Manhattan" got engaged to Jasmine. It was a whirlwind romance. Oh! how  time flies.

I open my eyes and rub them as I answer the call.

"What's up Beanie?", she greets me in a cheerful voice.

Somehow she seems a bit upset from the tone of her voice and her southern voice lacks enthusiasm that is usually present.

"You seem down which is unlike you Miranda", I reply back.

Don't get me wrong. She made me watch Devil wears Prada with her and I realized she is similar to Miranda.

"My Dad called and said that he missed me."

I freeze for a second. Her dad calling is a big deal. For one reason only, her parents ceased to exist the day she left the house and refused to attend the wedding. My father had walked her down the aisle.

"The devil made me work to the bone and I ran like the devil was chasing me to fetch coffee thrice. Do you know what he did? He laughed at me. Then he dropped me home after work and guess what, he kissed me on my cheek", I say in one breath.

From the other end of the phone, I could literally hear her laughing. She stopped shortly and took a deep breath. I could just imagine her doing that.

"It's good that you both are getting along great and it's damn time that man kissed you. I mean come on, he is in love with you and you two make a cute couple", she replied.

Not what I wanted to know and I  couldn't believe she would take his side. Offcourse they were now family but even then. So I angrily ended the call.

I kept my cellphone on the bedside table, switched off the lamp and pulled the covers up to my chin and closed my eyes. As sleep took over my tired eyes, the world faded away.

 As sleep took over my tired eyes, the world faded away