Chapter-7 |The Knight who wears Armani|

"My task is set before me, girl
My mission clear and true
There'll be black Knights and dragons, girl
But I will always come for you."

- Emme Rollins, Romance song lyrics

---------------------------------------------------------

I think Demon cat is sitting on my window sill. I feel pity for the poor animal and let it in. My neighbour has a black cat who I fondly call Demon cat. The cat enters my room, swishes its tail, glares and hisses at me and even manages to scratch me when I try to pet it. His green eyes is smiling I swear and the next minute he disappears into my living room and makes himself cosy and comfortable on my sofa. How dare he? As if he is going to magically disappear I leave him to enjoy his stay. Since he considers himself such royalty. Mark the sarcasm. He hates everyone especially me even though I am a very good person and on occasions leave him food. Demonon cat is the terror if the neighborhood and I secretly wish he would turn up dead.

After attending to my wound armed with anti-septic and band aid, I drive my car the short distances to my office. On my arrival, I see Zoya doing her usual work and I let myself into my cabin. An hour or two later, the dull throb in my head has become a full fledged headache.

With the remote control bell I summon Mrs. Porter. She comes hurriedly and takes my temperature. Then she instructs me to take the day off since my temperature is 103, which means I have fever. She serves me home cooked special corn soup and green tea. Once I am done with my meal, I feel a bit better but as per instructions I lie down on the spare bed in the adjoining room to the office. Mrs. Porter makes sure I am comfortable and then leaves. I feel so bored that I play a song at random on my phone which turns out to be Edwin McCain's cover of " I will be " by Landon Austin and Bailey Jehl. Just as the first notes of the song is going on I find myself imaging Zoya dancing with me. Surprisingly, when I opened my eyes to reassure myself, I see the subject of my fascination staring at me with her doe shaped eyes. Then she says it's her favourite song and we both listen. By the end of the song she leaves me with some files.

The day goes uneventful and boring. And I keep imagining things I shouldn't like how beautiful and serene Zoya looked or how much I want to kiss those luscious lips. This crush isn't enough, why do I shy away from the truth, why do I keep hoping......

 This crush isn't enough, why do I shy away from the truth, why do I keep hoping