Chapter-37|The Land of Masquerades|

-----------------------------------------------------------

After the little debacle at Venice Airport, I have not left Zoya's side and kept my arms wrapped around her middle

After the little debacle at Venice Airport, I have not left Zoya's side and kept my arms wrapped around her middle. She can be very sneaky when she wants to be. I know what you are thinking and yes I am a bit possessive about her because who wouldn't be if they have a beautiful wife. We walked the short distance to the car parked at the Airport exit and got inside it. I placed a chaste kiss on Zoya's lips and she smiled shyly. Sometimes I wonder if she is as innocent as she wants me to believe and then I remember her seduction season on the plane and smirk. My wife is such a temptress but don't tell Zoya that I think about her along those lines otherwise hell would freeze over.

Zoya rests her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes. The car is going like a bullet train so everything is a blur outside. I tell the driver to slow down in Italian but he doesn't listen and that makes me feel suspicious. When we reach a turning in the road, the driver turns to face us and I notice that he has a silver pistol in his hand. He points it at us. Zoya screams loudly and I kick his hand. The pistol drops on the car floor, I quickly grab Zoya's hand and somehow manage to get the luggage out of the car boot. By the time we are done, the driver has retrieved the pistol and is shooting at us.

The bullets fly over our head, hit sideways but we have covered enough distance that luckily we don't get shot. Then we run like the devil is chasing us and our mission is do or die and reach the pier. From there we get on a gondola and tell the rower the address of the hotel. Venice is a floating city and connected by canals. It is truly beautiful. I wish we had more time to admire the passing scenery. A lady on another small boat is selling flowers, she offers a bouquet of roses to Zoya and when I offer to pay for them she refuses. We pass by a part of town where old warehouses are located and see children playing on the street in tattered clothes. Then we pass a bridge and the scenery completely changes. The neighborhood is more affluent and expensive. Our hotel is easy to spot among other hotels, restaurants, café and appartment buildings. There is a secret I have withheld from Zoya, this is a working honeymoon. One of my closest friend and client Chin Ho is a Venetian-Chinese business associate and we are staying at his family owned hotel The Venetian.

The hotel is situated above water and is the central landmark of the neighborhood. It is also one of the primary attractions of Venice. My friend informed me that the Venice carnival is going on and he has gotten us tickets. I sigh with relief as the gondola stops at the entrance of the hotel, we take the short stairs to climb up to the hotel. When we climb the stairs and reach the main entrance, Chin Ho embraces me in a brotherly hug and shakes hands with Zoya. After introductions we make our way inside the hotel. Zoya is looking at the surroundings in wonder while me and Chin are discussing about tourist attractions sites to visit.

"I hope we are not boring you Mrs. Cross", Chin asks Zoya.

Zoya smiles and replies, "Not at all Mr. Ho. Your hotel is very beautiful."

We walk across the entrance to the foyer then Chin hands us our electronic room card and bows. On his way to his office he shows us the lift bank. A bellhop follows us with our luggage. He presses twentieth floor which is the top floor and where our honeymoon suite is located. I know it's too much and everything but I wanted the best for Zoya. As the lift closes and I am trapped with my wife, I can't help but have naughty thoughts about her. If the bellhop wasn't in the lift, I would have ravished her. It's a good thing she changed to a t-shirt and jeans at the airport otherwise nobody could have blamed me for my improper rendezvous with my sweet Zoya. I was just thinking such thoughts but my darling wife had other plans as she grabbed me by my shirt collar and literally bruised my lips with a passionate kiss. Jesus! And here I thought, she was an innocent women. She deepened the kiss and as our tongues dueled I forgot that we were giving a stranger a show to remember.

By the time we reached our floor, we had done one hell of a heated make-out session and I tipped the bellhop so he doesn't gossip about this to others. He only smiled. Oh My God! If you think my wife stopped after the make-out session you are wrong. After the bellhop left, she opened the door with our card and dragged me inside. And you know what happens behind closed doors is always a private matter. Only God knows if I will survive my wife's seduction games....