Chapter-6 |The father who cried Wolf|

"When you're young, you think your dad is a superman. Then you grow up and realize, he's just a regular guy who wears a cape."

- Unknown
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dinner at my father's house is a Sunday affair so it came as a surprise that he invited me for dinner tonight

Dinner at my father's house is a Sunday affair so it came as a surprise that he invited me for dinner tonight. Not that big of a surprise knowing my father like I do. If he wants something, he makes it happen by hook or by crook. So let me tell you a little about my father so that you can understand him better. And no he is no fairy godfather but he is the center of my universe as long as I can remember and my personal superhero.

Nobody says no to my father whether it's someone from the business world or his family members. It's basically very easy for him to manipulate you because he will make you think it's your decision. Tonight for example when he sent me a text during my downtown in the afternoon at work, he made me think that it was my fault for missing dinner last week and I have to make up for it. So here I am seated beside my father as I hear him regale me and my step-sister Alisha, a story about our mischievous antics back in our teenage days.

"Do you know what I miss most?",my father asks us both.

We both nod our heads indicating no.

"The laughter and joy that you two brought in my life. Ah! the good old days",He muses.

Then we hear the bell ring which startles me because I had no idea we were expecting guests. Dinner is usually a family affair and guests are never invited. There were shuffling of footsteps and a familiar spicy cologne mixed with a hint of woodsy Vanilla hit my senses. It couldn't be! I glared at my father which had no effect on him. He smiled at the guest. If you haven't guessed it then here is a hint: it's Vamp Boss.

Vamp Boss had a charming smile on his face as he greeted my family, apologized for being late and shook hands with my father. Then he turned his attention to me and winked, which no one noticed. I bet everyone has been effectively charmed. The charmer. Lucy, my ginger colored Persian cat purred when he stroked under her ears. Damn! betrayal stinks! Throughout the meal, he kept smiling and throwing glances my way which in turn made me glare at him. At one point, the time stuck still as our eyes connected over our shared delight for roasted beef and our hands touched. Sparks tingled my skin and I felt like I was reliving my own version of Disney tale. The moment ended though shortly and Alisha sent me a smirk as she sipped grape juice. Way to go!

After dinner, Miss Mariam handed each of us Hazelnut Turkish coffee. As we sipped coffee, the men talked about business while me and my sister gossiped. Lucy, my cat is having a grand time because ever since she met Vamp Boss, it seems she has found a new friend, and right now she has wrapped her feline body around his legs. I shot her a glare and then my eyes collided with his.

Don't know why but I love the colour of his eyes. Sometimes it is bright blue like the Azure sky, sometimes it is Icy blue like a frozen lake in winter and right now they were Sparkling blue like when sunlight is glistening on the water. My thoughts are momentarily distracted when my sister nudges me with a I-know-what-you-are-thinking smile.

Next my father challenges Vamp Boss to a game of chess where obviously my father wins. As a winner my father asks me and my sister to sing. So we sing Jax's song "Like my father." At the end of the song everyone claps. By 10 o'clock, Vamp Boss exists in a very gentlemanly fashion, then I hug my father, sister and Miss Mariam and make the short walk to my apartment.

When I reach my apartment building and finally arrive at my condo, I collapse on the bed. After all it's been one heck of a day!

 After all it's been one heck of a day!