Chapter 53

After he had hung up, Su Yi asked, "What's it?"

"Gathering," Chu Ying said. "The people you've met before."

Su Yi hurriedly stood up. "Then I need to go put on my make-up."

Chu Ying caught her waist. "What's there to put on?"

"I'm meeting your friends, I have to dress up properly." As if suddenly recalling something, she asked, "Last time when I met you guys at the restaurant, did I have make-up on?"

Chu Ying said lightly, "Yeah."

She had makeup on and had been wearing super-short shorts as well as a tight-fitting short white T. She had been really eye-catching, just like one of those lady thugs who could get a street full of people to answer her call with just a wave of her hand.

"That's good." She let out a sigh of relief.

"Don't." Chu Ying stopped her. "You look good like this."

Su Yi shook her head. If she had known that she would run into Yang Ruolin today, she wouldn't have taken off her makeup. Even thinking about it now, she regretted it!

Sitting on the sofa to the side, she randomly put on some faint makeup and put her hair down before asking the guy still reading the documents, "Do I look pretty?"

Chu Ying said, "Yes."

Su Yi said, "You didn't even look at me!"

Chu Ying held back his laughter and tilted his head, carefully examining her for a few minutes. "Very pretty."

Su Yi was thus satisfied and kept everything away. She'd say it's make-up, but she really only darkened her eyebrows and put on her lipstick. She's fair to start with though, so she looked like she'd done a full make-up.

The place they'd settled on was a little out of the way, a farmhouse. It would take more than an hour to get there from here, so before the staff got off the two left the office.

Also, thanks to the few employees who had just left, rumours of what had happened not so long ago were already making rounds in the entire office.

Chu Ying realised that today, the number of employees that came up to greet him was a lot more than usual. The female staff had always been more, but today even the males were very enthusiastic. Every one of them could find a way to come and show their face in front of him from all over the building.

Thinking about that, yet another male employee came up.

"Hello, Director Chu."

Though he was greeting him, his gaze kept wandering to the Su Yi beside him.

Su Yi had her head down, looking at Chen Yang's message, and didn't notice the person in front.

Chu Ying recognised the worker in front of him. He side-eyed the other and said calmly, "You're quite at leisure? Draw up two more corporate plans, submit them tomorrow."

The guy paused. "Ah—"

"My patience is limited. You've spoken back twice – things won't happen more than three times, treasure this opportunity."

After saying this, Chu Ying encircled the person beside him and left the company in big strides.

On the way there, Su Yi napped. She had hurried back to Beijing immediately after she was done filming. Because she was too excited she didn't sleep much on the plane, but now that she was next to the guy all the fatigue was catching up with her.

At the red light, Chu Ying reached out to push her little head up. Finding it insufficient, he took off her seatbelt and adjusted her chair into a lying-down position.