Chapter 60

When discovering that she was exposed, Lin Xia had just reached the hotel with Deng Mingyang. She hadn't finished taking off her clothes when she received a call from her husband.

"Where are you at?"

Lin Xia stroked Deng Mingyang's head. "Where else, in the office discussing—"

Ding dong!

The doorbell rang.

She heard the person on the phone say darkly, "Open the door."

What followed was a mess akin to the soldiers panicking and the horses stampeding. Deng Mingyang was beaten up until he was running around the house, while Lin Xia screamed her heart and soul out. It was only after everything had ended, that she learnt of what happened online.

She basically escaped back to the office. She was a gold-level agent for the company, so the company wouldn't let her go. It's just a small deal, she's not a celebrity, it's not too hard to deal with it.

However, she didn't expect to receive a retrenchment notice when she reached the office.

Her hair was a mess while she widened her eyes and said disbelievingly, "Our contract has yet to expire and I haven't done anything wrong, you can't fire me."

The director was an old man. He looked down at his file, not at the person in front. "What you do, everyone is aware of! I've previously closed one eye, but now that such a big thing has happened I can't protect you, go find somewhere else!"

Lin Xia knew that a gentle approach wouldn't work and said, harshly, "If you dare fire me, I'll dare to take my celebrities and leave."

She had long since intended to start her own agency, but previously she was tied down by the contract. Besides, the current situation was not good for her, if she was suddenly fired it was basically an acknowledgement of what was exposed online.

"Leave?" The boss wasn't angered, instead, he was laughing. "Sure, you go and ask, with the reputation you have now, who dares go with you. From when you have gotten into trouble tp up until now, which of your people has called you to inform you? Do you know that in the few minutes before you entered the office, the video of your husband going to the hotel to catch you in the act has already been shared online?"

It was as if lightning had struck Lin Xia. "What are you saying?!"

"See it for yourself! Deng Mingyang's company has already gotten ready to dissolve the contract. Because of how long you've worked in this company I'll not even ask you to pay the fine for violating the contract. Know what is good for you, hurry and clear out your office."

Lin Xia left in a daze. Right then she received a call from Deng Mingyang.

His voice was filled with anxiety, like a startled deer. "Sis, have you seen the news online?"

"Yeah."

"Then what should I do?" He said softly, "Can I still film that show?"

"Film?" Lin Xia laughed. "It'd be great if you weren't completely taken off-screen."

"Wait, sis, you're not going to take care of me anymore?"

Lin Xia found it annoying and hung up at once. It was evident who caused this event. Her chat with Su Yi was still online. She turned around, doing her best to ignore the disdainful gazes around her and strode out of the office.

Su Yi took a few deep breaths.

Chu Ying stood beside her, holding a cup of coffee. Handing it to her, he said, "Take a sip and relax."