Chapter 66

The fifth day of the year was particularly cold.

Chu Ying walked out of the changing room, tidied up the buttons, and looking up, saw Su Yi walk out of the opposite changing room.

The woman had too many clothes, he had cleaned out a small room for her to use as her closet.

She wore a wine-red dress that hugged her body. It emphasized her curves and figure, exposing her ankles. In her hands was a pair of red heels.

Seeing him, she raised a brow. "Let's go, we can't be late."

Saying so, she had just raised her leg when the guy hugged her and dragged her back to the changing room.

"You, what are you doing!"

"Ay, don't, no, no, no, don't we're going to be late –"

"Wu-wu-wu-wu, no..."

"Enough, enough..."

Five minutes later.

Su Yi wore long black slacks that hid five pairs of autumn pants (the thermal kind), then walked out angrily.

"Look! I'm so fat now!" She raised a leg, patted it, and said, "Even hitting it doesn't hurt!"

"Do you know what the temperature is outside?"

"It's not like there's no heater there..."

"No, be good." Chu Ying patted her head. "Let's go."

Chu Ying's choice of location was a hotel under the Chu Corporations. The ballroom was golden and glittery, the light shimmery – contrasting greatly with the cold, empty roads. Because they were officially declaring the company's change of hands, they had invited quite a number of media. The moment Su Yi got off the car she saw a lot of familiar faces.

And the moment she entered the hall Su Yi encountered a breathtaking truth – other than her, every other woman was wearing a gown. Her two thick, long legs among the crowd were very eye-catching. She was so ashamed she wanted to find a hole and crawl in.

Chu Ying, though, didn't think that there were any issues. When realising that her expression was off, he calmly comforted her, "When you wear more you won't get sick as easily, your immune system is too weak."

She was about to say something when someone patted her on the shoulder.

Chu Xi was behind her, continuously looking her up and down. "Why do you come dressed in this? Are you sick?"

Su Yi hugged the guy's hand and complained out loud, "Stop mentioning it, it's all because of your brother."

Very soon Father and Mother Chu came out from backstage too.

Seeing the way she dressed, Mother Chu kept nodding. "This is good, it's warm. Girls should take good care of their bodies. Look at Chu Xi, she reveals so much of her shoulders, she'd freeze sooner or later."

Chu Xi said, "There's a heater here, only idiots wear so many layers!"

SU Yi first glanced at her with an unsmiling smile, then went to greet Father and Mother Chu.

Father Chu didn't say anything, inclining his head in acknowledgment before saying lightly, "Chu Ying, come over here first."

After Chu Ying went with Father Chu, Mother Chu tilted her head and asked, "Can you drink?"

Su Yi hurriedly nodded. "Yeah."

"Then take a glass of wine and go greet some guests with me."

Su Yi paused, taking a while to process that. Didn't this mean making it clear to others?