Chapter 61

Because of the sweat, a few strands of Su Yi's hair were still sticking to her face. Her cheeks were red and, to get away from Chu Ying, her hands were on his chest.

The four faces were confused for a long while before Su Yi finally said carefully, "– Hello, Auntie."

Mother Chu finally came back to herself, inclining her head as a reply. "What did you guys do, ending up with so much sweat?"

Chu Ying said, "Working out."

Mother Chu's eyes widened. "Working out? How could you work out when you're pregnant? Hurry up, go see the doctor with me." Putting down the bags she was even about to dash forward.

Su Yi hurriedly jumped off Chu Ying and waved a hand, saying, "Auntie, I'm not pregnant."

"You're not pregnant?"

"Yeah." Su Yi's face reddened. "Those news are fake, I'm not pregnant... I'm just fat."

Mother Chu was silent for a while before nodding and saying, "— Ah, it's good that you're fat, it's good."

Su Yi was torn between laughing and crying. What was with all of these?*

[*t/l note: she's referring to mother chu being confused about her being pregnant, and then saying that it's good that she's fat]

Chu Ying asked, "Ma, why are you here?"

"Me, ah." Mother Chu coughed. "I'm here to see you, can't I do that? You tell me yourself, how long has it been since you came back?"

"I've been busier with work recently." After saying that Chu Ying caught the waist of the person beside him. "She's all sweaty I'll take her to get a shower first if there's anything we'll talk about it later."

Su Yi basically escaped upstairs. Once she was certain that Mother Chu couldn't hear her, she anxiously said, "What can I do? I'm seen by your mother! And I – I – I'm dressed too casually, I don't even have make-up on."

"You have to meet them sooner or later." Chu Ying didn't mind so much, helping her adjust the temperature of the water in the bathroom first."

How could Su Yi be in the mood for a shower?

She chased him out and slammed the door, digging out her phone to send Wu Xue a message.

【Goddess Su Yi: Wa-a-a what do I do, Chu Ying's mother is in his house, what should I do... waiting online, this is very urgent! {crying out with a wa.jpg}】

【Wu Xue: It can't be when you're playing with your tools you got found? That can't be salvaged, just go with the flow.】

Su Yi curled up in the tub, hugging her knees, her little face all wrinkled up.

【Goddess Su Yi: No such thing, the tools and equipment he had mentioned earlier was all exercise equipment, would you believe that? I was forced to exercise for an entire afternoon and was just startled, I can't be more pitiful!】

【Wu Xue: I see you sound rather regretful.】

【Goddess Su Yi: Let's not talk about this first... there's a huge window in his bathroom. How about this, you drive to under the window and I'll jump in, we can talk about this after getting away first.】

【Wu Xue: You're dating properly, why are you treating it like you're sneaking around? I'm not going, you can do whatever you want in the bathroom.】

OK.

This thin, cling wrap-like sistership has reached its end today.

**

Downstairs, Mother Chu confirmed it again.