Team Arch: Double Caper

Time: After the pilot movie

----------

Bubble Bass hires mercenaries to frame Plankton by capturing Krabby Patties and using Robot Krabs to show Bikini Bottom that he's gone back to his wicked ways. Bubble Bass explains his plan to the mercenaries, before sending them and Robo-Krabs to the Krusty Krab, where they are easily able to steal the Krabby Patties since the restaurant isn't open at the time. But when the mercenaries try to go back to the Chum Bucket, Robo-Krabs malfunctions and they lose control of him. SpongeBob, Squidward, and Yugi show up and notice Robo-Krabs in the distance, quickly realizing that they have to warn Mr. Krabs. Squidward tells SpongeBob that Mr. Krabs is miles away on a treasure hunt. SpongeBob gets the idea to drive to Mr. Krabs, but Squidward reminds him that he does not have a license. So, SpongeBob goes and gets a learner's permit from Mrs. Puff.

Meanwhile, in Springdale, Nate and Tai are watching Gary (An idea from SpongeBob, who wanted Gary to "get out of the pineapple for a while"). However, Kevin C Cucumber and The Bubble Poppin' Boys capture Gary one day, and the boys have to fulfill all of Kevin's demands to get SpongeBob's beloved pet back. The boys wake up and search for Gary all over the Adams Residence until they eventually find a tape recorder in Gary's food bowl. Kevin tells the boys that he and his buddies have hidden Gary and that they will have to complete a bunch of random missions in order to find out where Gary is. The first mission for the boys is for Tai to help SpongeBob earn his learner's permit, without drawing attention from the latter. As Tai heads out, Kevin tries to make the recorder self-destruct for dramatic effect, but the detonator doesn't work. Instead, Nate just throws it in the trash bin out of annoyance.

After Tai helps SpongeBob get his permit, the latter and Yugi then run into Patrick and Joey, and show him the learner's permit. Patrick laughs at the embarrassing picture on the license, and SpongeBob starts to berate Patrick, but then, the wind blows the license away. The three friends try to catch the license, but it gets eaten by a clam, who then spits the chewed-up license onto a visiting Joey's head. Joey gets scared, thinking it's a gooey bug, and starts running frantically, but then, Patrick runs into the "carnival" and invites the three to play on the hooks with him. As they ride the hooks, SpongeBob and Yugi notice Robo-Krabs on one of the hooks and remember that they were supposed to find Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob and Yugi hitch a ride on a jellyfish, only for it to drop them off at Jellyfish Fields. They meet with Sandy and Téa, who ask them to help out with jellyfishing.

Tai, unaware of the permit's fate, returns to Springdale to find that Nate got a second recorder. This time, Kevin tells Nate to go get some jellyfish jelly. Arriving in Bikini Bottom, Nate asks Patrick for help, and they go to Jellyfish Fields together. After collecting the jelly, Nate goes looking for the next recorder, but can't find it. Patrick then remembers that he had found the recorder when they first arrived at Jellyfish Fields, and he had eaten it after mistaking it for a chocolate bar. Annoyed, Nate presses on Patrick's belly to make the recorder play its message, wherein Kevin demands Krabby Patties from Tai. Nate gets even more annoyed, but storms off to the Krusty Krab nonetheless while telling Patrick to get the jelly to the pineapple. Patrick burps out the recorder just as the self-destruct sequence begins. To Kevin's frustration, the counter goes up instead of down.

Meanwhile, as the four go around catching jellyfish, Sandy complains that her bulky suit makes it hard for her to catch jellyfish. SpongeBob suggests that Sandy use her pop gun to catch the jellyfish, and offers to lure the jellies towards her. After the quartet is finished, SpongeBob remembers again that he and Yugi need to find Mr. Krabs. So, they ride another jellyfish. This one brings SpongeBob straight to the real Mr. Krabs and Tristan on the former's exploration ship.

While Tai collects the Krabby Patties, Kevin instructs an army of mafia soldiers on what to do with the Krabby Patties, but the higher-ups notice the list of the objectives that Tai and Nate are instructed to do, and bring the patties to SpongeBob's house instead of their hideout to "help them complete the objectives". A delivery man gives Nate the next recorder, which instructs him to get cheese. So, he goes to the Fish Hooks Park. Kevin tries once again to detonate the recorder, but the tape runs out just before the timer runs out, preventing it from exploding.

Meanwhile, Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob, Yugi, and Tristan that the Flying Dutchman is approaching and plans on stealing Krabs's riches. So, the gang uses the ship's cannons to fend off the Flying Dutchman. Suddenly, a flash of light appears, and the gang is met by two familiar figures.

At the "carnival", Nate finds Squidward, who's trying to do an interpretive dance. Nate asks Squidward to help him collect cheese; Squidward refuses not wanting to get involved with whatever Kevin has in mind, but Nate forces him to help anyway. After they're done, Squidward retaliates by playing a prank on Nate that scares him. In the meantime, Kevin commands the Bubble Poppin' Boys to bring all the Krabby Patties from SpongeBob's house to the hideout and leave the next tape for them, but the Bubble Poppin' Boys decide to be a little more prankish than usual, and bring everything to the hideout. Unfortunately, they forget to insert the next tape for the tape recorder. So, Kevin and Trevor send the tape themselves, which tells Tai and Nate that they must pay Kevin $100 to get Gary back. The boys know that they do not have that kind of money. Suddenly, a flash of light appears and they boys find themselves on Mr. Krabs' exploration ship, where the other half of the gang is in the middle of a battle against the Dutchman.

After the battle against the Dutchman, Mr. Krabs congratulates the gang on a job well done. SpongeBob and Yugi warn Mr. Krabs about Robo-Krabs, just as the mechanical menace appears. However, Mr. Krabs isn't fazed; he simply laughs and cracks a joke about Bubble Bass' latest "college-educated plan", before setting up the cannons again. Unfortunately, this only angers Bubble Bass, who is watching the chaos unfold, and he orders the mercenaries to activate Robo-Krabs's weaponry. But the robot ends up getting hit instead by the cannons. So, the mercenaries try to rescue the Krabby Patties and escape Robo-Krabs, but the explosion destroys all the patties. Shortly thereafter, Bubble Bass swears revenge.

Afterwards, Tai and Nate relay the bad news to SpongeBob, and turn to Krabs and Tristan for help. Due to defending his ship from the Flying Dutchman, Mr. Krabs lets the gang borrow $100. Later, the gang goes to the hideout with the money in hand, only to find that Gary escaped by himself. So, the gang celebrates and they go home happy. At the same time, the Bubble Poppin' Boys finally reach the Chum Bucket with all of SpongeBob's stuff. As he counts the Krabby Patties, Kevin hears another voice somewhere else, counting down. He looks around and notices a recorder, which is about to self-destruct. Kevin orders everyone to evacuate, and the hideout explodes.