Team Arch: Purity

Time: After Movie 21

~~~~~~~~~~

Title Etymology:

Emma is described as a "pure type school idol" (純粋系スクールアイドル, junsui-kei sukūru aidoru).

~~~~~~~~~~

In France, the casket of former French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte is mysteriously stolen from Les Invalides in the city of Paris, and as a result, Napoleon is resurrected. Three days later, SpongeBob, his subunit, the Star Alliance, Brady and Aiden Anderson, Bryce Romano, Cory Miller, and Team Niji head to Paris, where they perform a number of concerts. However, things become difficult for them as they are targeted by an anonymous bounty maker, who puts a bounty on them, claiming that he has "higher-ups" that want SpongeBob, dead or alive. To add to the mix, Sakura comes across a coin bearing a curious symbol. Upon learning about a bracelet at the Louvre that bears the same symbol as the coin, the team decides to resort to thievery.

After the team steals the bracelet, which appears to have magical gravity powers, Rika and Emma find a violin bearing the same symbol. However, they end up being chased by a man claiming to be Napoleon, who demands an item known as the "Dragon Crown". The team saves Rika and Emma and they visit Notre Dame where they recover the Dragon Crown for themselves. There, Napoleon and his army arrive, and a fight ensues, resulting in the soldiers grabbing Emma and Brady using the bracelet's powers to rescue her. After escaping, they also meet Jean-François Lambert, a peculiar yet renowned archaeologist. The team later visits Napoleon's underground hideout, where they learn of someone working for Napoleon referred to as "Graf". In order to further find clues, and Napoleon, the team visits the Paris Opera, and steals the 'Queen's Pendant' from Duchess Elisabeth. Emma also visits the opera, as Jean-François has learned about a past encounter between her and Elisabeth. However, Elisabeth promptly denies this, and Emma runs off crying. SpongeBob narrowly dodges arrest and takes the wandering Emma back to their flat, where Emma reveals that she has powers of her own, but is unsure about how she first gained them. Upon learning this, the team swears to keep her by their side no matter what.

Rika is invited to perform in the orchestra during an event in Versailles, and the team takes the chance to investigate. However, Rika is kidnapped by Napoleon. Napoleon offers to exchange Rika for Emma and the Dragon Crown. Emma accepts the deal, much to the team's chagrin, and visits the Eiffel Tower along with help from a friendly bounty hunter named Cheyenne. On the platform on the tower, Emma meets with Napoleon, his army, and Rika. Emma allows herself to be apprehended, but the team arrives and gives Napoleon a fake sabotaged Dragon Crown which releases gas obscuring Napoleon's view, and runs off with Rika. However, Jean-François reveals his true colors and prevents their escape from the tower by firing upon Kai with a handgun. Rika is taken back by Napoleon's troops and Jean-François removes the true Dragon Crown from Emma. Jean-François then reveals that he is Graf, and that Emma is the true key due to her powers. Kai narrowly escapes being fatally shot as Cheyenne swoops down in a hang glider and flies off with the team, minus Rika.

After a crash landing, the team has Cheyenne watch over the wounded Kai, before making their way across Paris to put a stop to Napoleon's plans. Napoleon threatens Rika with the life of Duchess Elisabeth and forces her to play her violin. As she finishes the song, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon emerge from the ground and float over the city. Napoleon declares them his "greatest possession, most powerful of all weapons". The Gardens create a huge storm, which begins to destroy the city. Just as Emma arrives, Elisabeth is shot, and believed to be dead by her.

The team climbs the Eiffel Tower and boards the hanging gardens along with a stubborn Kai, Cheyenne, and the Paris Police, who arrest Jean-François. They enter the heart of the Gardens, where the team rescues Rika, and SpongeBob has a sword fight with Napoleon, in which he emerges victorious. This brings Napoleon to his knees, who then explains his plot: He admits his true name is Leon Bernard and that he is merely standing in place while the true Napoleon's body is restored. Their plan was to destroy Paris and allow Napoleon to rebuild it under his rule. Bernard believes they have triumphed, and allows himself to fall to his death in the Gardens feeling his work is done. The team manages to stop the Gardens' reactor, but the Gardens begin to crumble, prompting everyone to escape.

Duchess Elisabeth, having survived, thanks the team for saving Paris, and heads back to her estate. The team gives one last performance in Paris, before heading home to Sacramento.

In the post-credits scene, the anonymous bounty hunter that placed the bounty on the team in the first place is revealed to be Squilliam and the SNIPERS, who managed to survive their previous underground incident. Meanwhile, in Sacramento, Team Niji confesses something to Kaz, Mizu, and Polly: The girl behind the red mask, the same one that kidnapped Mizu, is their old friend, Shizuku Osaka.