Team Arch: Cool & Cruel

Time: After Movie 4

----------

The episode begins at Jellyfish Fields, SpongeBob then takes a moment to realize how lucky he and Patrick are to be among the jellyfish. They take the time to pay tribute and sing "The Jellyfishing Song". As they call it a day, Yugi and his friends stop by, but Joey notices a large billboard and points it out to SpongeBob. They read the sign and find out that a highway known as Shelly Superhighway is going to be built over Jellyfish Fields. So, SpongeBob goes into town alone, trying to stop the destruction of Jellyfish Fields.

Only a few eco-activists listen, but the rest of the city is far from interested. So, SpongeBob goes to work, very sad. Mr. Krabs admits he is actually supporting the construction of the highway, much to SpongeBob's dismay. He quickly explains that he will get more customers if the highway is built. However, SpongeBob and Yugi discover that Rex Raptor is the founder of this highway and that his plan was to build over the Krusty Krab to run them out of business. The ending of the highway leads to the Chum Bucket to steal all the customers that Mr. Krabs once had.

The gang and the eco-activists then pass out flyers and sing "Give Jellyfish Fields a Chance", trying to get Bikini Bottom to save Jellyfish Fields. Miraculously, they gain a number of supporters, but they also find out that other people are on the highway's side, when they are pelted with their own flyers, sparking a riot. Nat, who is on the highway side, then tells SpongeBob and Patrick that the highway is what everyone wants and crushes the tambourine that Patrick was playing as part of the song.

The police then come and control the riot, arresting a number of protesters from both sides. The police then throw the gang out in the middle of nowhere, believing that they would only make things worse. During this time, Patrick remembers what his Great-Uncle Cletus Star said before he was arrested in a Freedom March and urges them to continue to support Jellyfish Fields.

After they are abandoned, they think a parade would get people to go down with the highway, but as soon as they are brainstorming, a parade for the highway passes by, led by Rex and his cronies, with a paver to build the highway. SpongeBob tries to stop him, only to be crushed by the paver while Patrick plays the trumpet. All the life is sucked out of Jellyfish Fields as well, causing all of the jellyfish to retreat.

The scene then cuts to a severely polluted and trashed Bikini Bottom with the Shelly Superhighway forming a concrete arch over the Krusty Krab. The gang is in the Krusty Krab, which is out of business like Rex planned. Mr. Krabs says that he will initiate "Plan Z-99", which involves him giving away the formula to Rex and closing the Krusty Krab, in the hopes of Rex purchasing it to keep it open. Squidward is initially delighted that he no longer has to work at the Krusty Krab. However, the jellyfish soon attack and destroy Bikini Bottom with vengeful rage, causing the Bikini Bottomites to panic.

Just as Mr. Krabs is about to sell the formula to Rex, Mr. Krabs flees as Rex is grabbed and stung by the jellyfish. Meanwhile, King Jellyfish himself appears, as the gang heads back to Conch Street. To their surprise, King Jellyfish reveals to have taken Cassius, an old friend of Téa, as a hostage. A green jellyfish, revealed to be the King's right-hand and spokesperson, uses Cassius as a translator, due to Cassius' ability to speak to creatures. The spokesperson speaks to the Bottomites through Cassius, claiming that they are committing an act of "poetic justice" by destroying Bikini Bottom, just like how they destroyed Jellyfish Fields. Téa attempts to negotiate with King Jellyfish and the spokesperson to call it all off, but the spokesperson tells her that her "spineless attitude" will not change their minds. Téa goes as far as to consider their poetic justice as hypocritical. This only angers King Jellyfish and the spokesperson, causing them to zap her into coma, before she is rescued by SpongeBob and Yugi. Eventually, the military is called in to fight back.

The gang heads back to Conch Street, where the battle is starting to spread. They head all the way down to the Pineapple's library, which happens to be safe. Téa wakes up from her coma, but she is left in a traumatic state, possibly from King Jellyfish and the spokesperson zapping her, and the fact that they still had Cassius. The battle lasts throughout the night, with neither the jellyfish, or the military claiming an easy victory. The gang also has to endure the explosions and gunfire while sleeping through the night. The next morning, Squidward is making breakfast for the gang, but so far, he could only provide some bread. SpongeBob and Yugi attempt to give some bread to the traumatized Téa, but Téa refuses, and claims that Cassius could be dead. Before anyone could say anything else, a soldier comes crashing through the living room window. This only prompts Squidward and Tristan to send the military running away from Conch Street by stealing one of their blasters and shooting at them.

On Day 3, the gang notices that the battle is no longer in Conch Street, but they decide to head for downtown to try again at stopping it. In Downtown, Ben Blenny from BBN is giving a report of Day 3, until one of the fish, clearly suffering from shellshock, starts unnecessarily waving at his relatives, much to the reporter's annoyance. Seeing an opportunity, the gang, the eco-activists, and their supporters use this chance to convince the rest of the Bikini Bottomites to restore Jellyfish Fields through a news broadcast. The Bottomites that sided with the highway project realize the error of their ways, and they agree to help. Soon, SpongeBob rides Rex's paver in an attempt to demolish the highway, but it does not budge. Rex, revealed to be severely stung, but still standing, appears and gloats that his highway is indestructible. However, the Bikini Bottomites solidify their redemption by helping the gang with the paver, giving them enough momentum to unpave the highway and restore Jellyfish Fields. Panicked, Rex tries to stop it, but is crushed by the paver. Miraculously, he survives, but before he could do anything else, Weevil appears to pick him up and the two disappear.

As SpongeBob and the Bikini Bottomites destroy the highway, the Krusty Krab is back in business and the episode ends with Yugi's gang, now reunited with Cassius, heading back to their home, and the Bikini Bottomites in Jellyfish Fields singing "The Jellyfishing Song". Jellyfish Fields is now instantly restored to its natural state, as the episode ends.

In the post-credits scene, Weevil and Rex are revealed to be back in the Chum Bucket. Rex is furious with how the gang destroyed the highway, but Weevil reveals to have a revenge plan, which involves Joey's kid sister, Serenity.