Team Arch: Roundup

Time: After Movie 15

-=-=-=-=-=

After Team Arch stops a pack of bandits from attacking a convenience store one night, a man explodes a truck in Los Angeles, spreading what is assumed to be a new pathogen that kills or sickens over 300 people. In response, the California Government issues a record bounty of $300,000,000 for the culprit's capture. While pursuing Elias Durham, a hacker who was apparently driving the truck, Austin sees the terrorist and the gang decides to take on the bounty. Each follows different lines of inquiry. Jinja, using a tattoo on the attacker's wrist, manages to identify him as Vincenzo Virano, a former member of a military squad apparently killed in the Battle of Baghdad. In reality, Vincenzo was the only survivor of a test involving the pathogen, having been immunized with a test vaccine, but left with dissociative amnesia and hallucinations of glowing butterflies, and his inability to tell dreams from reality eventually drove him insane.

Izzy learns that the truck was the property of Inazo Medical Pharmaceutical Company, who illegally manufactured the pathogen as a biological weapon. Looking for information on the pathogen, SpongeBob and Chase are given a sample by a man named Samir, who was the former lead on its development. SpongeBob also encounters Elena Ortiz, an agent of Inazo Medical. Upon examination, the "pathogen" proves to be a type of protein-based nanomachine that mimics human lymphocytes then breaks down into protein after death, making it undetectable. Attempting to infiltrate Inazo Medical, Chase fights with Elena, planting a listening device on her. Elena, who is sent by Inazo Medical to kill Vincenzo, is tailed by Austin, who attempts to take down Vincenzo on a train. Vincenzo easily defeats Austin, severely wounding him and throwing him from the train before releasing another cloud of the nano-machines. Almost everyone in the train dies except for some who managed to get off thanks to Austin and Elena, who was unknowingly immunized when she had been in a relationship with Vincenzo prior to the test on Titan. She secretly gives a friend in the company a sample of her blood to prepare a stock of vaccine.

During this time, the gang relocates Durham, who has been working with Vincenzo, but fails to catch him. Dax and Lucas manage to find him again, but the two run off before the rest can get there. Kaz and Sally arrive just as Vincenzo breaks one of the nano-machine containers with him, killing Durham. Although Sally is also infected, Vincenzo gives her some of his blood through a kiss, immunizing her.

After Austin recovers and has a final talk with Samir, he and Elena are captured by Inazo Medical, who want to suppress all knowledge of the nano-machines' existence. The two, along with several other defectors, including Elena's current boyfriend, Jasper, escape from Inazo Medical, grabbing the newly produced vaccine on the way. In turn, Sally escapes after Vincenzo goes to trigger an attack on the city that will eventually kill everyone. After the group reunites, they determine that Vincenzo will spread the nano-machines by exploding the giant balloons used in a local parade. Sanya has a troop of old crop dusters spread the vaccine over the city with help from Team Arch. SpongeBob, Austin, Elena, and Jasper separately head out to confront Vincenzo. SpongeBob and Austin arrive first and the three battle to a standstill, and the nano-machines are released and Austin is temporarily weakened by them (before the vaccine kicks in). As Vincenzo prepares to kill Austin, Elena and Jasper arrive and the former shoots Vincenzo. Having wanted to die since Baghdad, Vincenzo does not defend himself and thanks Elena for their time together before dying.