Team Arch: Nighty Nightmares

Time: After Movie 3

----------

The story takes place inside the dreams of SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star and Sheldon J. Plankton, where each individual must survive the most bizarre adventures. Alongside them are Takeru "TK" Takaishi and Sakura Kinomoto; Davis Motomiya and Naoko Yanagisawa; and Ken Ichijouji and Chiharu Mihara.

Diesel Dreaming (SpongeBob's Dream, Racing) - The very first segment features SpongeBob, TK, and Sakura. It starts with SpongeBob, TK, and Sakura sleeping together as they roll over his bed and remove the blanket to reveal a hot rod. SpongeBob takes control and drives around the track for a test run. As SpongeBob praises his victory, he finds his driver's license in his pants. A racer named Skidmark then rams SpongeBob, causing him to drop his license, which is carried away by the ocean currents.

With the help of Mrs. Puff, SpongeBob tracks down his license and challenges a biker racer Piston Paxton to a race. After winning (possibly), Skidmark rams him again and destroys his hot rod. TK then searches for new hot rod parts and defeats a horde of thugs in his way. SpongeBob then challenges Skidmark and shows him who's the boss, only to be rammed again, this time, by a third, anonymous racer, simply named Speed King.

Sakura searches out for turbo drives to outfit SpongeBob's engine, so that he can challenge Speed King to a final race. SpongeBob is triumphant and is proud to be the new Speed King. However, he fails to notice a pit ahead of him and accidentally drives into it, with TK and Sakura in pursuit.

Starfishman to the Rescue (Patrick's Dream) - The second segment stars Patrick, Davis, and Naoko, who are a trio of superheroes in a comic book-like world. "Starfishman", "Firestrike", and "Inkling" go in pursuit of the villainous "Dreadman." Along the way, they are repeatedly advised by a mysterious character who contacts him via phone booths. Halfway, they stop a train from ramming a movie star and find his missing clothes.

Patrick, Davis, and Naoko eventually challenge Dreadman at his secret lair and defeat him in an elevator duel, while rescuing a hostage named Howard, who happens to be the mysterious phone booth character. However, Patrick, Davis, and Naoko failed to see a surprise attack coming from the minions. At the end of the level, Patrick, Davis, and Naoko are tied to a rocket by his foe and launched into space, where they hit an asteroid, a ring-shaped piece of which falls to Earth and traps Dreadman.

Supersized Patty (Plankton's Nightmare) - The third segment features Plankton, Ken, and Chiharu. Plankton grabs a crumb of a leftover Krabby Patty and zaps it with his Enlargatron Ray. The coordinates of the ray are however inaccurate and that causes the Krabby Patty to overgrow and mutate into a living patty, who then takes notice of Plankton, Ken, and Chiharu. Plankton, however, decides to fight back with size but the inaccurate ray only makes him the height of an average citizen (like Ken and Chiharu), not enough to dwarf the patty.

Plankton, Ken, and Chiharu make a run for it, carrying only his freeze ray helmet. They are pursued by the patty through Bikini Bottom, the Industrial Park, the Jellyfish Power Plant, the Oyster Stadium, and finally through Downtown back to the Chum Bucket. Along the way, Plankton finds a window of opportunity to collect inventory while the patty is sleeping. In the end, Plankton, Ken, and Chiharu hide behind a coral formation and the patty passes by. However, as Plankton gloated about their victory, the patty noticed his antennas. The patty leaps and crushes Plankton, Ken, and Chiharu.

Alaskan Belly Trouble (SpongeBob's Nightmare) - Continuing off when SpongeBob, TK, and Sakura dove into the pit, they wake up from sleeping on his bed-car. The car then flips over and SpongeBob falls off, entering a free fall through a long, narrow tunnel. They reach the bottom of the tunnel and are eaten by an awaiting Alaskan Bull Worm. Although disgusted, SpongeBob finds the inside of the worm to be intriguing, much to TK and Sakura's dismay. They encounter Old Man Jenkins, who is building an airplane to escape the bowls of the worm. SpongeBob, TK, and Sakura decide to help and explore the area to find a village under attack by parasites. He rescues the Chief, many of his followers, and his wife (an ironing board).