Team Arch: The Switch

Time: After Movie 18

==========

In Houston, Texas, Team Arch is volunteering at the Switch Club, an inner-city youth shelter, and helping Booker Teague, the lead owner; Sharmell Teague, Booker's wife; and Raymond Stevenson, Sharmell's brother and Booker's brother-in-law; to keep the place working on a minimum budget. As Booker and Douglas try out Tai's improvised exercise machine, Sharmell and Raymond warn him that they have a council meeting in two hours to get the funds to keep the Club going. As the Teague Family discuss about their strategy for today with SpongeBob, Tai, Sakura, Yugi, Nate, and Douglas, the μ's girls are approached by their recent members, Yukiho Kousaka, Honoka Kousaka'a younger sister; Alisa Ayase, Eli's younger sister; and Riko Sakurauchi, who had been recruited by μ's after hearing about them. The μ's girls decide to have the new 1st Years help out.

Meanwhile, Riley Colton Jr, a local teen, comes out of a print shop owned by Danton Rhoads, a rather crooked resident, and goes to owner's van, where he is met by a visiting Takashi. Inside the shop, Rhoads confronts Cole, one of his employees, about Riley using the van. Cole states he's giving Riley a try at the van, since Rhoads has given him limited access to anything in the shop, but Rhoads angrily states that it's not his call to make. As the boys get in, an angered Rhoads and his two top men, Buck and Page, come out and accuse Riley of stealing the van. They start pounding on the van, but Riley drives away. Rhoads sends his men after Riley and then calls over a policeman and tells him Riley is heading for the Switch Club. Buck and Page follow Riley to the club where the boys take refuge. Buck and Page try to confront Riley, but the rest of Team Arch block their path. Rhoads and the policeman then arrive and explain that Rhoads has accused Riley of stealing his van. Despite Booker's objections and Riley's insistence that he's innocent, the policeman takes him into custody, but Rhoads then states that he's going to be at the meeting to attempt at shutting down the club, before leaving with his cronies, much to Raymond's disgust. Takashi attempt talk about his involvement, but decides not to since the police are already focused on Riley.

At the police station, Team Arch and the Teague Family go to get Riley out of jail. Booker warns that Rhoads has been trying to get the club shut down for years, claiming it's a criminal hangout, despite his knowledge that it's already deemed as an anti-crime program. Perkins and Nordgren, the officers handling Riley's case, say that they can't release him because his mother's in the hospital, and that he has no other guardian. Raymond suggest having Riley in the Teague Family's custody, but Perkins mentions that they don't count because they have enough kids in their custody already. Seeing that SpongeBob is a legal adult, Booker convinces him and Team Arch to look after Riley. Team Arch reluctantly agrees, but Riley isn't interest in having Nate help out, yet warms up to the other four members of the quintet. As they leave, Rhoads tells Buck and Page to make it appear that Riley has run off, and then make sure that he disappears for good.

Riley goes back to the club and starts hitting the punching bag in a violent manner. When Nate tries to get answers by himself, Riley argues that because he's Caucasian, he can't understand, claiming that Caucasians follow a personal set of rules, a set that Riley has lived through. Riley and Takashi go outside to play basketball, but Buck and Page show up and intimidate Riley by threatening to kill him, before popping their basketball as an example, despite Riley's attempt to avoid trouble. Takashi runs inside to get the others, but Riley runs off, before the men leave. The rest of Team Arch arrives too late, only to find the popped basketball on the ground.

Yugi and Sakura check with Riley's friend, Ricardo, a rather negative teen, who reluctantly helps them, despite feeling a little intimidated by the people attempting to shut down the club. Team Arch learns that Riley went to a billiard hall owned by his old gang, the Hyenas. Team Arch arrives there as Riley tries to buy a gun from the gang's leader, Tipsy, who wants him to come back to the gang and sell contraband, but Riley refuses, claiming that he just wants a weapon to protect himself. Tipsy gives him the gun anyway, saying he'll collect on his favor later. However, when he spots Team Arch, Tipsy takes the gun back. Riley tells Team Arch to leave, but upon noticing a vacant a billiard table, the latter will only agree to do so if Ray beats Tai in a game of 8-Ball. If Tai wins, Riley has to tell him everything.