Team Arch: Lost Warrior

Time: After Movie 20

==========

Paroled ex-convict Mitchell Jefferson goes over to his lawyer, Corbin, to see where the papers for his appeal are, but there is nothing on his supposed "confession". Therefore, he heads to the court house to see the lead prosecutor, Dolan Chasner, who got him convicted, but his ankle bracelet sets off the metal detector. As he had arrived without an attorney, he is in hot water, and he grabs a gun from a security officer and runs off into the building. At the same time, Maki is at the same courthouse in a debrief on the events of Scorpion Sting, with Mirsad Terzić as the plaintiff. When a security officer tries securing the building due to the sudden disturbance, Maki shows her badge to get out of her debrief and goes to investigate, with Mirsad blatantly following her. After getting the initial intel, Maki borrows a gun from another guard, while bringing Mirsad along just to "prove her worth". Jefferson takes two guards named Connor and Samantha hostage when Maki and Mirsad arrive. The two pretend to be guards and put the borrow gun down, before calling the team regarding Jefferson's intentions and secret hints about what's going on inside.

Team Arch arrives on scene and empties the courtroom where Chasner is in, to hole up Jefferson and leave an earpiece for Maki. Unsatisfied with finding the courtroom empty, Jefferson threatens to kill one of his hostages in fifteen minutes. Meanwhile, Chase and Dax find a spot to catch Jefferson, while Bren and Lucas find another to use lethal force. Back in the courtroom, Jefferson recalls his life story to Maki.

When he was a kid, he was the only African-American in his class, which caused students to distance themselves. But one girl, Kylie Harmon, who is known for making friends regardless of their circumstances, warmed up to him. They were friends for years and one day he told her he loved her. She simply smiled, told him he was sweet, and admitted that if she had a family, she could teach her kids to be just like her, a friendly human. He then dropped her off, and the next thing he knew, she was murdered, and he was the primary suspect, but the evidence against him was circumstantial. He defended himself in court, and the jury believed him, but he saw Chasner getting anxious, and the next thing he knew, a man that he shared a cell with briefly claimed he gave a confession in jail, with all the details on Kylie's murder, which Jefferson couldn't have known, and was too speechless to defend himself, with the jury swiftly changing their minds. Now, he's at the courthouse to find evidence of the case to prove his innocence.

Meanwhile, Austin interviews a stubborn Chasner regarding Jefferson's conviction. Not wanting to be involved, Chasner claims that he's convinced of Jefferson's guilt, but as Eli gets off the phone with Corbin, she confirms that all the evidence on his conviction are circumstantial and are currently missing. Chasner avoids the question, claiming that "there are some crimes best left alone", before leaving the room. Austin has Eli call Corbin again to dig up anything on Chasner. With time almost up, SpongeBob has Chase and Dax to accelerate their attempts to reach Maki, while Malcom forces Bren and Lucas to retreat, deciding to not go lethal on Jefferson. Before Jefferson could shoot, Chase and Dax drop a smoke grenade and corner Jefferson, allowing the hostages to escape. As the smoke clears, Jefferson holds his gun to his head, requesting a tape recorder. After reuniting with the team, Maki learns from Eli that Chasner often resorted to dirty tactics to secure convictions, including Jefferson's. Using a wire, Maki confronts Chasner over his astonishing career of a hundred successful convictions, getting him to confess that he rigged eight of his cases, using jailhouse informants to secure convictions. In Chasner's mind, all accused are guilty and he was willing to do whatever it took to put them away, but Maki admits to him that although she's on the right side of the law, she would rather side with a defense attorney due to how prosecutors have the potential to use dirty tactics. Meeting up with Malcom, Maki learns that the confession isn't enough to nail Chasner for corruption, but it's enough to give appeals for the defendants that Chasner went up against, including Jefferson. Malcom is about to go tell Jefferson, but Maki blatantly goes back to the courtroom.

Maki re-enters the courtroom as Chase reintroduces her as a SWAT officer to Jefferson. She explains to him that Chasner's confession and the information on the other convictions is enough for an appeal for all nine of them. Jefferson then states that he ran over the event in his head before realizing that when he dropped Kylie off at the corner, not her house, which indicates she was meeting someone else, possibly the real murderer. When he got out of prison, he swore to Kylie on her grave he would prove his innocence. Maki promises to find the culprit and Jefferson finally surrenders. Afterwards, Mirsad, having watched the whole event, apologizes to Maki, and decides to drop charges, which leads to Maki hugging him, and apologizing for killing his dad. The episode ends with Mitchell, now appealed for both crimes, paying his respects to Kylie's grave with flowers and candles.