Team Arch: Crime & Action

Time: Just before Movie 8

-=-=-=-=-=

On a mission requested by Vanguard, Chase infiltrates an oil rig owned by a group of terrorists to rescue Vanguard Agent Leland Tucson, who has blown his own cover. He witnesses the terrorists, led by a crooked scientist named Zacariah Pollock, load an electromagnetic pulse emitter, disguised as a camera onto a shipping crate. After discovering Leland's death, a burst of flames reveals his presence to the criminals, and he escapes by faking his death.

Back home, Kaz returns to Bikini Bottom from a recent racing victory to spend his off season with Team Arch, minus Chase's team. However, Italian formula racer, Silvio Caruso, challenges Kaz to race in the newly created World Grand Prix, led by the creator Sir Martin Alderton, a former wilderness hiker-turned-automobile mogul, who intends to promote his new environmentally friendly fuel, Wutan. The gang departs for Tokyo for the first race of the Grand Prix.

At a World Grand Prix promotional party event, SpongeBob and Patrick make a scene after an unnecessary brawl with a fellow partygoer, narrowly embarrassing Kaz in front of everyone. Later in the parking garage, Kaz scolds them for what happened earlier, and was about to call it a day, when Alderton comes rushing in with his Range Rover and crashes into Kaz's racing kart, which begins to leak oil. While cleaning up, Patrick interrupts a fight between Vanguard Agent Roderick Lindsay (Chase's contact) and two thugs named Grim and Paxton. Roderick plants his tracking device in Patrick's pocket, causing Chase and his friends to mistake him for being involved in the mission. Meanwhile, Roderick is captured and killed by Pollock, who reveals that Wutan is set on fire when hit with the EMP, using the emitter from earlier. He informs his true superior, an unknown mastermind, that Roderick passed on his information. Despite realizing the truth, Chase's team finds and recruits SpongeBob and Patrick to stop Pollock's plot.

At the first race, three cars are flamed out by the camera. Kaz places second in the race after Caruso, due to SpongeBob accidentally giving him bad racing advice while helping Patrick with evading Pollock's henchmen with help from Chase's team. Kaz snaps at SpongeBob, who returns to Bikini Bottom out of guilt, but is abducted by Chase as the terrorists close onto both, and they flee in a STORM jet. After traveling to Paris, France to collect more information from Dax's old friend Thomson, they travel to Porto Corsa, Italy, where the second race is being held. During the race, Patrick infiltrates the criminals' meeting, just as the camera is used on a few more cars, causing a multi-car pileup, while Kaz finishes first, humiliating Silvio in front of his hometown. Due to increased fears over Wutan's safety, Alderton lifts the requirement to use it for the final race. However, when Kaz decides to continue using it, the criminals plan to kill him in the next race in London. This spooks Patrick, causing him to blow his cover and allowing him, SpongeBob, Chase, and Jinja to be captured, and tied up inside Big Ben, where SpongeBob and Patrick admit to them about what happened with Kaz. Fortunately, the rest of Chase's team is reveal to have escaped, and is continuing the mission, while also finding them.

When the finale race starts, Kaz takes the lead of the race before passing Big Ben. However, the camera was inexplicably defective on him. But the criminals tell SpongeBob and Patrick about a Plan B: They planted a bomb in Kaz's pitstop, spurring them to break free and escape. Chase and Jinja escape soon after, and reunite with their team, but they also realize that the bomb was fitted on the air filter of Kaz's buggy just to make sure he really dies. SpongeBob and Patrick arrive at the pits as they tell them. So, they have Kaz flee down the racecourse while Kaz apologizes for his earlier outburst in Japan. Chase apprehends Pollock when he attempts to escape, but the other terrorists arrive and outnumber SpongeBob, Patrick, and Chase's team, but they are soon rescued by the arrival of Team Arch. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Kaz go to Buckingham Palace, where the three accuse Alderton as the mastermind behind the plot, proven after forcing him to disable Kaz's bomb. It is revealed Alderton had major investments in crude oil, which would have surged in value once the failure of Wutan disgraced the idea of environmentally friendly fuel. The trio also learns that he was the one who was leaking oil in Japan, blaming Kaz for it by crashing into his buggy to cover up the difference. After Alderton is arrested by British authorities, the trio receives an honorary knighthood from the Queen and the trio reconciles.

Back in Bikini Bottom, Fiona then reveals that she and Myron swapped the Wutan with their usual fuel, which explains the camera's ineffectiveness on him. A "Bikini Bottom Grand Prix" is held featuring all the World Grand Prix contenders. The movie ends with Team Arch watching from a distance.