Team Arch: Fight The Knight

Time:  Just before Crime & Action

~~~~~~~~~~

In the world of Camelot, while on the run from a being known only as the Black Knight and his demonic minions of the underworld, Merlina, a young wizard, is surrounded by the Black Knight's minions, but before she is taken, she performs a summoning ritual that brings SpongeBob, Sakura, and their respective teams to her world. SpongeBob and Sakura defeat the Black Knight's minions before Merlina teleports them away in a whirlwind. The Black Knight, revealed to Camelot's King Arthur, sends out his three Knights of the Round Table, who are still loyal to the Black Knight despite his evil ways, to find and kill the heroes and Merlina on sight. As the Black Knight leaves, the Knights of the Round Table hesitate a little before leaving. In a nearby forest, Merlina explains that the Black Knight, once King Arthur, is immortal, as he possesses the scabbard of Excalibur. After training the gang in the art of swordsmanship, Merlina explains that King Arthur was once a wise and just ruler, but became corrupted by the power of immortality granted by having possession of Excalibur's scabbard. Later on, SpongeBob acquires Claybourne, a talking claymore sword who is highly skeptical of the gang's abilities, and they head off on their quest while Merlina goes into hiding, claiming that she would be recognized in town. They first find the Blacksmith, Tully, in the Castle Town, in order to sharpen Claybourne's blade. Tully recognizes Claybourne, but cannot remember when he has heard of its name before.

The gang then heads off to see Nimue, the Lady of the Lake (who bears a striking resemblance to Sakura's late mother, Nadeshiko) and previous owner of the scabbard of Excalibur, to find out how to stop the Black Knight; on his way, he encounters and defeats Lancelot, one of the Knights of The Round Table, and claims his sword. Nimue reveals that she will only assist the heroes when they become true knights and presents them with three tests to be completed in three days. After completing them, the gang soon encounters a crying child whose village was abducted by a dragon and decides to help her. The gang soon encounters and defeats Gawain, and Eriol takes his sword before he can kill himself out of shame with it. Gawain claims that he cannot serve King Arthur due to his loss, but Eriol tells him that there is more to being a knight than serving a king. With the townsfolk saved, Nimue reveals that she was the crying child and was testing the heroes, and that they can blunt the scabbard's power by retrieving the sacred swords wielded by the Knights of the Round Table. Afterwards, the gang meets Percival, the only female Knight of the Round Table, and defeats her, before Kai saves her from falling from a cliff, an act that finally earns them Claybourne's respect. Merlina has seen those events from her reflecting pool at Castle Camelot, and arrives to inform the heroes that the Black Knight is on Faraway Avalon. The gang and Claybourne pursue and defeat the Black Knight with the power of the three sacred swords.

Having fought and defeated him by using the four Sacred Swords (including Claybourne), Merlina reveals to the gang and The Knights of the Round Table that King Arthur was an illusion conjured by her grandfather, Merlin. She then takes Excalibur's scabbard to become Camelot's all-powerful queen.

The gang and the Knights of the Round Table are forced to flee and, with Nimue's help, set off to use the sacred swords to defeat Merlina by putting up a barrier around the kingdom. However, after the four swords form a barrier around the castle, the barrier is revealed to be too weak. So, the gang heads into the castle and confronts Merlina, who explains that she knows the kingdom will soon come to an end, and wants to make it last forever. The gang battles her, but is outmatched; in the process, Claybourne is broken in half, and the gang takes a very severe beating. Nimue and the Knights watch the heroes' efforts, and shout at him to run. The heroes refuse, resolving to stop Merlina no matter what. The heroes' determination, combined with the power of the sacred swords, repairs Claybourne, and the gang is given special power armor, and Claybourne transforms into the true Excalibur, while Merlina transforms into a monstrous creature known as the "Dark Queen". After a long battle, the gang and Claybourne manage to defeat Merlina. Though Merlina continues to lament the fate of the kingdom, SpongeBob and Sakura give her a flower and tell her that, while all kingdoms have to end, they merely need to live life to the fullest in the time that they have; reminiscing about her grandfather, Merlina takes his advice to her heart.

Afterwards, Lancelot says that the Knights of the Round Table will have to disband now that King Arthur is gone, but Claybourne reminds them that he is the one who chooses the one to be Camelot's leader. As this happens, the heroes part ways with Merlina and the knights and head back to their world. After the credits roll, the gang explains their journey to the rest of Team Arch.