chapter 26~ Royal party

Chapter 26~ Royal party

My sweaty palms welcomed tao's hand as I clung unto him as if I'm about to get into a big trouble. Ugh!!! the butterflies in my stomach just won't stop. It feels like I'm gonna throw up any minute now.

" Don't be nervous. They are actually good people you know, it's all in your head.. you have nothing to worry about. I'll be here " he turned his head so he could face me and then let out a reassuring smile.

I hastily smiled back at him. I felt him squeeze my hand lightly, telling me that I'll be just fine. I never thought that this playboy would be comforting at times like this.

I braced myself for the unexpected night and entered the royale garden together with Tao.

=====

Many vampires were gathered around the gate as they wait for the new queen to enter. Kris and Xiumin were in charge with entertaining the guests and making sure everything runs smoothly throughout the whole event.

" is the queen coming ?" One of the elders that belong to the guardians in the kingdom approached kris while he was busy talking to xiumin about some things.

kris gladly bowed to the member of the guardians and replied " she'll be coming any minute from now. I already asked tao to accompany her here so she wouldn't get lost" he smiled and excused himself. although they were jirim's husbands they are still part of the system of the kingdom and their duty as a

kris called over exo-m minus tao of course. he called for a short meeting back at the maze and whispered quietly what he wanted to say.

" the guardians are here to welcome and at the same time test her abilities off hand. We have to be on guard for her got it? we should help her if she fails to perform them" they all exchanged meaningful glances and then soon dismissed the short meeting.

=====

Jirim's POV

Unfamiliar but friendly faces met my eyes as I walked hand in hand with tao. The churning feeling inside my stomach soon halted and the nervousness that I was feeling slowly vanished. I guess what he said was right, they do look harmless after all. well aside from the obvious fangs when they smile at me but other than that they were all lovely.

A little boy with autumn brown hair approached me with flowers in hand. I crouched down and said "Are these for me?" he swayed shyly as he nodded while handing them to me.

" I picked them out for you Queen Jirim. They look as beautiful as you" aww.. how could you not adore that? I thanked him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and bid goodbye afterwards.

I elbowed tao slightly and whispered to him " tch. at least the kid thought about giving me some flowers not like someone beside me"

" Maybe I should then... so I could also have a kiss and maybe not just on the cheek" he smirked smugly at me and that instantly made me red. aigoo same old tao~sshi. still a playboy.

We continuously walked around with constant greetings and tao introducing them to me. It was fun to socialize with the people here in Extheria. It's not like what I pictured it would be. There is no boundary with the rich and the poor.

Although as it looks like there aren't any signs of poverty around here, but nevertheless you could see the difference on their status within just one look.

The rich ones dress nicer and give off an authority kind of vibe while those who are average are simple in every way possible. They go along in well and that's something that I could be proud of.