chapter 22~ Queen

Chapter 22~ Queen

“Isn’t it great to finally be out of bed?" minseok said which sounded more like a taunt to me. I shrugged and tucked the strand of my hair behind my ear to get it out of my face.

“It is, but you know the comfort of the bed is much better than watching you guys train right here and then" it's true. It’s the first thing I’ve seen first thing in the morning when i finally felt enliven. Well..i don't really mind it though. I find it fascinating. They said their powers grew stronger because of me. And that made me happy because at least i have been a help to them.

 “Pretend you don't like it for all you want but i know you find it cool" minseok grinned at me and I shoved his shoulder a little bit, laughing along with him while we start to swing faster than the usual.

It’s already noon and though it would likely be hot now the weather was surprisingly dusky. And not that I don’t mind, I find it relaxing.

“hey, you know we shouldn't be idling right now" minseok spoke again while slowing down the movements of the swing.

“Wae? Oh! Right! That training thing. Am i really supposed to do that too? Can’t you just guys handle that?"

“Yeah. We could handle it. But you know you have to get by on your own too. You’ll never know. Were not always gonna be with you every single moment" I have to be strong on my own too. minseok's right. I can't expect them to be with me twenty four seven.

I stopped swinging due to surprise when minseok got up from his seat and kneeled in front of me, all within such a brief moment. Wow. I have to get used to that.

“Do you trust me jirim?” he spoke in a hushed tone.

“What is this about? Of course i do"

“Quite down and follow me okay. No questions" he held his hand in front of me. I looked up to see his face; he looked serious about this so I took his hand and got up to my seat.

We went somewhere in the garden. I honestly don't know this even existed in here. There was an arch surrounded by roses. It was really beautiful; on the middle of it was a bench like seat which was made of ice. Yes. Ice.

"You made this?" i delicately brushed my finger tips against the carvings on it, afraid that it might break.

“Yeah... Isn't it beautiful?" xiumin sat on it and pulled me with him. I was already prepared to meet the coldness it would bring but it didn’t come. I looked at xiumin questioningly and he just shrugged off.

“So what are we....?” I didn't even know what to ask since he just asked if i trusted him. Which was a little off?

“I said no questions asked right? I never thought you could be so talkative “he chuckled at me and I pouted in return. Okay...no questions.

After a minute or two of silence he sighed and began to talk.

“You know that you're pretty much clueless about everything right now especially about that encounter with Victoria." he looked at me with a serious face and i nodded as an answer. I think I’m getting where this is leading to so I let him continue.

“The  guardians? Would probably explain to you everything once we get to the palace but I think you should know things in advance so that you wouldn’t be so off with everything. Stop me if I’m going too fast or you’re not getting it okay?" I nodded again as a sign for him to go on.

“You see the kingdom was lead by your father king Gabriel. He was a remarkable man; he cared a lot for the people. But then he disappeared out of the blue and maybe that was the time he went to the human world. The kingdom has no one to rely on and the enemies of the kingdom took advantage of that namely queen Victoria" I tried to picture and digest every detail...My father as king?

"exo-k our brothers have taken queen Victoria’s side for a reason that we do not clearly know. They were banned from the kingdom because of that “I watched as minseok's expression falter, showing a bit of despair but he quickly masked it off. It must be devastating...considering the fact that they were brothers and now they're against one another.

“You were turned at an unusual time because we badly need to gain our full powers to find Samantha and hye jin immediately and were afraid that queen Victoria will make a move again to take you away from us. We’ve come up with desperate decision to turn you as soon as possible” minseok was just looking at me the whole conversation, watching my expressions.

“The reason why you have to learn to fight is to be ready… Be ready to lead the kingdom as the next in line for the throne, taking up your father’s position. We’ll be heading back to Extheria tomorrow to crown you as the new queen jirim~ah.” Me…the new queen of Extheria?!!!

“ Minseok~ah d-don’t play games with me” I stuttered as I tried to deliver those words. This can’t be.

“I am not playing games with you jirim. You are the only legible daughter of King Gabriel, you are to be crowned the new queen of Extheria whether you accept it or not the kingdom’s fate is under your mercy. You have a very big responsibility amongst your people.” He looked sternly at me as if lecturing me.

“I-I’m not made out for this kind of responsibility minseok~ah. I can’t possibly lead the kingdom! I know nothing about this!” Unconsciously I found myself at my feet. I was standing before minseok, my body shaking. I was astonished. Minseok held my hands and stood up to embrace me. It felt like air was knocked out of me, almost immediately my body melted.

“You don’t have to worry jirim~ah. We’ll be here. We will help you through all of this” his soothing words made me feel better. I like the effect that minseok has on me.

I have no idea how I would be able to do the things that they expect me to. If father have really bestowed this destiny upon me I have no right to escape from this. If this is what I am destined to do… I will try my best to live up as the new queen of Extheria.

“Minseok~ah.. I accept my fate as the new queen of Extheria” I broke from his embrace and smiled at him.

Author's note:

BABABAM! HERE GOES MY UPDATE EVERYONE!

+happysquid+