chapter 23~ Comforting words

Chapter 23~ Comforting words

The soft comfort of my queen sized bed felt unnerving even though it wasn’t supposed to be. Maybe it was because my head was swarming with unfathomable thoughts. Well, the truth is that I’ve been having them since minseok and I talked.

 I was thankful that he cleared up some things for me but then it also raised a number of questions in my head that I know they can or cannot answer as of this moment.

I turned my body facing towards the open window, it wasn’t hot but I had the urge to open it because I was feeling suffocated, though I wasn’t supposed to. I clutched the blanket tighter to my body and sighed for probably the fourth time today. It felt lonely without luhan by my side. Well, it was my fault.

He asked me awhile ago if I was feeling okay but I continuously said that I was totally fine. I wouldn’t want to involve him with my struggle. So yes that is the reason why I am here alone rocking my head off with I don’t know what.

“What am I supposed to do? We’re finally going there, To Extheria. I am going to be the new queen” I might be really going crazy right now. I’m talking to myself in the middle of the night.

I groaned but not loud enough to disturb anyone “eotteokajji?!” I whispered loudly to the air as if expecting it to say something back to me.

“Stop talking to yourself, don’t you know how weird you look right now?” I heard a voice say, it was muffled but I knew exactly who it was.

“Yixing, where are you?” I got up, resting my body against the frame of the bed. It was too dark to see anything I blinked a few times and then my vision cleared up. I could see clearly in the dark.

Ah ha! Found him.

“You’re behind the couch. Come on out"I stifled my giggle as I said those words, feeling slightly fond of the fact that I could see him through dark. He slowly came out then sat at the edge of my bed.

“I see you’ve come across the new features of being a vampire” yixing chuckled and that instantly made me let out a small laugh too.

“I didn’t know you were such a creep yixing~ah”

“Well, I wouldn’t be creeping here if it weren’t for someone who was obviously troubled for the rest of the day.” Oh. He noticed.

“I see you’ve noticed”

“We’ll anyone who have been paying attention would indeed notice” I saw a smile crept into his lips.

“Mind if I come see?” see what?

“What do you mean by that?”

“I’m asking for your permission…If I could read your mind right now. I would’ve done It without your consent but that would be rude wouldn’t it?” he can read minds?

“Y-you read minds?” I asked baffled, my jaw dropped open.

“Yep! Isn’t it cool?” I could clearly see his eyes smiling as he said those words. Seriously what other supernatural powers does a vampire have? Or at least they have.

“What exactly can a vampire do yixing~ah? You know I’m not really been properly given a brief introduction to this” of course minseok have said some important things so far but he didn’t come across telling me this.

“Well… we can all read minds and see clearly in the dark. But those who belong to the royal families or has a royal blood has the ability to have extraordinary powers like us, like you.”

“For the most part I have a healing power. Chen has lightning, Kris has flight and the ability to control a person’s emotion, Luhan has telekinesis, Tao has the power to control time, and lastly Xiumin has ice.”

“But what about mine? I don’t seem to have one” they said that my father was the king of extheria so that means I do have a royal blood running through my veins.

“You do, maybe you haven’t just discovered it yet but it will come, don’t you worry” his smile immediately assured me.

I leaned to his forehead and exhaled deeply, waiting for him to do something and then I started to try talking inside my mind and I knew he was there with me.

“There’s just too many questions running through my mind and I- I can’t really. I guess I’m just nervous yixing~ah” even with my eyes closed i knew he was smiling again.

“I know this has been really exhausting you’ve only been here for a few weeks or so. A lot of things are happening and they are escalating very fast. But you’ve got this. You can handle this well. You wouldn’t still be here if you couldn’t”

we were talking with our minds and it amazes me how we could do that. I finally looked up to see his eyes staring back at mine, and I can’t help but feel relieved with the comfort he is giving me. It might have been his powers or what not but it did make me feel better. He was right I can get through this.

After a few minutes of talks and comforting words Lay told me to go to sleep and I did with a clear mind and a somehow refreshed heart.

Author's note:

short update huhu T__T i love you guyss!

 +happysquid+