2. (*)

(*) indicates chapters that contain smut!

___

"So she picked you?!"

"Yes."

"And what did she say?"

"Nothing."

"What're you gonna have to do?!"

"I don't know."

Anna near bounced on her chair in excitement when asking me all these questions, "How much are you going to get paid?"

"I don't know." I gently took off my eye make-up in front of my vanity.

"Are you going to have to sleep with her husband too?"

"I don't know."

Anna sighed in frustration, "You don't know anything!" She cried out and I chuckled, "You're right, I don't. Not yet. She asked me to meet with her to go over everything, draw up a contract and stuff."

"A contract?"

"Yeah." I turned my head to face Anna, "Have you not done an escorting job yet where they want you to sign a contract?"

She slowly shook her head, puckering her lips as if racking her brain to think about my question. Her dark brown hair was now in a braid as she sat in her regular clothes on the chair next to my vanity, waiting for me to finish, "I don't think so."

"Hmm." I dropped the dirty cotton round in the small trash bag and started fiddling with my jewellery to take it off. It was almost three in the morning and Anna and I were closing up Lotus after Mrs. Hilton had left and everyone had gone home. My golden attire for tonight was in the hamper so Ezra could take it to the cleaner's.

"Usually it happens with a bit of a more high-profile client. Or someone who's just really set on keeping it a secret that they're hiring an escort. You have to sign an NDA and a contract." I explained in a raspy voice, the early hour and the fatigue getting to me as I stifled a yawn.

Anna huffed and crossed her arms, "If I'm such a secret, I'm not interested in spending a night with them."

I snorted at her attitude, "Then I'm guessing you've never needed money that bad that you got over it."

"I know these escorting jobs pay more," Anna sighed while throwing her head back, "But I'm always dreading them so much."

I put moisturizer on my face, "Really? Have you just always had shitty clients?" I asked and Anna shrugged, "Not really. I just find it hard to fake and pretend for hours in a row. Like I can't keep a straight face and pretend that I'm enjoying their company or that they're funny. It's not even about the sex."

I nodded in agreement, "It does get exhausting sometimes." I finally got up and bent down to flick my Sloane lights off for the night, the backstage area completely deserted.

"Come on, let's go pick up our pay and get out." I yawned. Anna linked her arm in mine and nodded, resting her head on my shoulder in tiredness as we walked up the stairs into Ezra's office. I stiffened a little at the physical contact. Anna and I weren't particularly close, but she was a little new still and Ezra had asked me to take her under my wing for the time being.

All I could hear was the ticking of the clock and our breaths. It was pitch black outside and I had honestly never liked being in the club at a time like this. Without music or lights, it just looked so... dull and creepy.

It lost all its magic once the lights were off and the people were gone.

Most girls made it a point to never leave here on their own. We were still women after all, travelling in pairs so ensure our own safety.