56. (*)

Genevieve.

"Sunny."

Harry's gentle whisper stirred me awake. My body felt tired, melted into the warm mattress in my familiar apartment with his body curved around mine.

I parted my lips as my foot twitched and I faintly felt Harry's lips against the back of my healing shoulder, "Sunny." He repeated.

"Hm?" I groggily groaned, blinking my eyes open to see it pitch black outside in the dark room.

"Are you up?"

I stifled a yawn as I stretched out my bottom leg, feeling Harry's arm around me while closing my eyes again. He was fitted around me like a puzzle pieces, lips finding their home on my shoulder, his hips flush to my ass.

We were naked, our earlier session putting us right to bed after how intimate we had been. Sex with Harry... I couldn't even explain it.

It had always been good. Really good. At first, I didn't really know why that was. Harry wasn't overly skilled, he lacked experience and he had only been with one person, meaning he only knew what she liked and he thought it was the same for everyone. But he was keen to learn and he wanted to explore, try out some things he thought he'd like.

We hadn't even done half of it, but we had time to spare and there was no rush.

But after a few times, I realized that my connection with him was why the sex was so incredibly good. I just felt close to him, I felt connected to him. Like a magnet, my heart was just drawn to him no matter how hard I tried to fight that.

He had been unattainable for so long and I had fought my feelings for so long. Now that he was single and in a relationship with me, it was even better. We were together, like... for real. No more sneaking around, no more hushed whispers, stolen kisses and then crying myself to sleep when I knew they still shared a house and I was on my own.

And I always had been.

I thought I was okay with that, being alone. I never realized how loud my thoughts got, but I did know it used to be the reason I either fled to Lotus or fled to my medicine cabinet.

I hadn't touched my Xanax in weeks. And I instantly made a mental note to flush every last pill today. I never wanted to go back. I'd gotten a taste of happiness and it was all I ever wanted for the rest of my life.

Him. Him. Him.

"I am now." I yawned back in a small sigh.

Harry's palm ran over my tummy and down my hip, following the curve of my thigh to my knee, feeling the bend of it towards my calf and then stroking back up, "I'm horny." He whispered against my shoulder.

My shoulders shook in a small chuckle as I exhaled, "Really?"

"Yeah." His whisper held a tinge of insecurity as he smeared his lips over my skin, "You... You said I could wake you up, right? Or are you too tired?"

He sounded caring, fingertips tracing around my belly button before he gave a loving squeeze to my waist, grabbing the flesh in his palm gently, "Hm?"

I smiled in the dark, forcing my eyes open, "No, I'm up." I rasped, turning in his grip a little to roll on my other side so I could face him. I snuggled into his warm chest a little bit as Harry held an arm around me, stroking my hair away from my face. His fingertips were gentle and soothing, tracing my temple, my brow and then down the lengths of my blonde hair, "Are you sure?"

I was falling half asleep again with my nose against his collarbone and I lowly hummed, "Yeah. Definitely."

"Go back to sleep, sunny." Harry whispered, kissing my forehead, "I can wait."