41. (*)

YES THIS IS ANOTHER CHAPTER ON THE SAME DAY. I COULDNT STOP.

also no i didn't proofread this xxx

___________________________________

Harry.

"Why are you smiling at your phone?" Blair asked me.

I instantly locked my iPhone and dropped it to my lap, lifting my eyes up to the screen of the television in front of me, "I'm not." I grumbled back.

She sighed from behind me, continuing cleaning the kitchen after her lunch – which was take out because I only cooked for myself tonight. I had my feet up on the coffee table, trying to watch this thing on the Discovery Channel about bees, but Blair's constant huffing and snibbing left me interrupted.

Just hearing her taking a breath annoyed me these days. It was two next day after Genevieve had spent the night and slept with Blair. I didn't blame her, I didn't blame a thing on her. She was hurt, by me. Again. So I had to sit there and watch as she had sex with Blair and even though she faked most of it, it entirely broke my heart.

We fell asleep cuddling and my alarm harshly woke me up at around seven in the morning. Genevieve was asleep in my arms, her warmth comforting me as she breathed into my neck and had her arms around me. It was quite the task to get out of the bed with her soft pouting and whining. We kissed a little more before I snuck out and went to lay down on the couch before Blair caught us together.

I knew I wasn't being fair to Gen, I wasn't giving her my all because I couldn't. I was split in half, the half that was with Blair was desperately trying to crawl over to Gen's side. Every time I had been absolutely ready to break up with Blair, I instead called Diane who talked me out of it again.

She begged me for more time, to lay low for now, to not do anything too drastic. She was digging and searching through evidence in an attempt to help my case. If I broke up with Blair now, it would all blow up and she'd get a lawyer to do their own digging. And they'd find Genevieve.

At least if we waited a little bit, I could be more financially stable after settling the divorce to support her. I doubted she'd be able to keep her job at Lotus if Blair went barging around how she slept with the husbands of her clients. Ezra was a good friend to her, but he was also a business owner and he needed the income. He couldn't afford any slip-ups.

So Genevieve and I laid low, that was our agreement. My entire heart burst with love and adoration for her even if I had to fake it with Blair right now. This was my mask, the person I was at home. It didn't even feel like a home anymore, I felt sick being here.

Blair dried her hands on the dish towel by the sink and then walked up to me, "Seriously, who are you texting all the time." She frowned.

I shrugged and didn't look at her, "Jeff." I muttered.

Blair scoffed and reached for my phone. I rolled my eyes but didn't move, instead let her figure out the huge security system I put on it. She sighed out and threw it back on the couch, "Password protected? And fingerprint protected?"

"Yep. Don't go through my stuff." I stoically spoke, giving her the least amount of attention. I was already boiling with anger, but I couldn't let it blow up. Not until Diane had something and me and Genevieve had a somehow safer future together.

So yes, I was constantly texting and calling her, smiling at my phone like an idiot. And yes, I was browsing job sites to get a different position somewhere for when Blair kicked me out.

It took me time, and I couldn't say there were never moments of hesitation anymore, but there was no doubt left in my mind that I wanted to leave Blair. Telling Genevieve I loved her, just made me realize how not in love I was with Blair anymore. There were... feelings there and a certain amount of respect and loving, but I wasn't in love with her anymore.