26.

TW: physical and emotional abuse - manipulation

Fair warning - this is not a happy chapter. It's quite long and touches on many things, but it's got a few triggers in it:

- lots of church talk. this is a very exaggerated (fictional) version of religion. i don't have anything against religion!!! i am an atheist but to each their own. i don't think all religious people are like this, or all christians. I hope i don't offend anyone <3 if I need to change stuff out, please lmk xx

- mental health issues (depression, brief talk of suicide)

- substance abuse: alcohol and medication

all my stories have happy endings eventually!!! but nobody's perfect, and definitely not harry and genevieve. 

xx

_________________________________

Genevieve.

"Harry!" I shouted from the bathroom. It sounded more like a shriek while I hastily ran a brush through my hair to get all the knots out from Harry's hands. I was short on breath, fumbling with clasping up my bra which would not cooperate for the life of me.

I felt dizzy. Absolutely dizzy that this was happening right now. I didn't even know what to think, such anxiety and panic coursing through my body that I felt like I could faint. But I couldn't, there just wasn't time.

"Harry!" I repeated, "You need to leave!!"

I heard a loud groan from the bedroom while I frantically ran around. I hardly felt my legs from the feeling being fucked out of them, my head was spinning and I was half asleep yet more panicked than ever before in my life.

With everything that happened the night before, I had fully forgotten about the fact that today was the first Sunday of the month and I had my usual fucking church appointment with my parents. The service started at ten, it was fifteen minutes until ten. They were perfectly on time, and I was late.

And it had started so well.

Subconsciously, I had rolled away from Harry in the middle of the night. Not that I had slept more than a few hours – maybe four – but he didn't seem to have slept at all. My body wasn't used to sleeping with another one next to it, so the entire cuddling thing felt a little weird to me. Besides, I got hot as a furnace during the night, which is also why I sleepily slipped off the shirt.

I didn't mind much. Harry hadn't seen me topless, but he had seen me in see-through lingerie and we'd had sex.

Waking up next to him, filling out his crossword puzzle, drinking his coffee with that excited look on his face and that perfect half smile... It just set a swarm of violent butterflies free in my stomach, travelling right up to my vagina the longer I was up. Seeing him like that, shirtless and effortlessly beautiful before he clumsily started flirting with me and promised me that orgasm.

And he did. Twice. Three times if I counted the one from earlier. But there wasn't time to count. There wasn't even time to think.

I sprinted through the apartment, knowing that if I made it downstairs within the minute, they might cut me slack. I still had to run down five stories and being late to church was yet another sin to my resumé. I'd have to cope with my mother's harsh insults about my messy hair, the lack of decent make-up and the outfit I had managed to pull out last minute.

I yanked out whatever black dress I saw first and pushed on some heels while Harry was lazily getting out of the bed. He yawned and rubbed his eyes, "Why can't I stay here while you go?" He rasped. I could hardly catch my breath, "I-I don't have another key and I need to lock up." I explained while pulling the dress over my head and attempting to zip up my boot.