30. (*)

kinda stayed up all night to write an all-smut chapter sooooooo here you go xxx

(this doesn't add much to the storyline so if you're uncomfortable with smut, feel free to skip)

_____

Genevieve.

"How come I can't book you for a dance?" A drunken man slurred with a rather soft pout on his lips. His eyes were on my cleavage and I chuckled, flipping my blonde hair over my shoulder before I shrugged, "'M not available tonight. You might be lucky with another one of the girls." I suggested.

I shot him a flirty wink and turned around, heading back to the bar where Sky was chuckling at me, "And that's about the seventh guy who has asked for you tonight." She kept count.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh, "This bartending thing is really not for me." I referred to the third robe I had to put on tonight after I ruined the first two by spilling drinks all over myself.

It was a couple of days after the incident with Blair and Harry.

At Harry's request, I called Ezra the next day to let him know. He was furious and threatened to stop the contract with Blair, and I had a lengthy talk with him where I assured it was okay and that it wasn't a big deal. He said he was going to have a word with her about upping my pay and he also insisted I saw doctor Anderson again, which I did. She gave me some anti-inflammatory meds which helped with the pain and told me how to change my gauze until the blisters closed up and then I'd have to let it heal by itself.

The smaller burns on my tummy were just little pink scabs after she gave me some ointment that did wonders.

I hadn't been in touch with Blair ever since it happened, but had daily calls with Harry. He never mentioned a word about Blair and I never asked. He had been soft and gentle and we never spoke another word about our agreement to sleep together. Part of me hoped it would stay like that and that we'd continue to get to know each other like this, like Harry and Genevieve.

He had cared for me so gently when it happened. He had bathed me, wrapped me up, made me popcorn and stayed until I fell asleep. I had woken up to faint shouting a few minutes later but was so out of it that I immediately fell back asleep. After a loud thud of a door slamming shut, I slept for eight hours straight.

By the time I woke up, the house was empty apart from the housekeeper. Elliana gave me a mug of coffee and I responded to Harry's text, who asked me to let him know when I was awake. I called him on the way home and he begged me to tell Ezra. And then I did.

I had been working at Lotus a little to kill time and get back in my normal habitat where I felt safe, but I couldn't dance with gauze wrapped around my leg so I continuously wore the robe and assisted around the club a little. I watched the others perform, feeling envious about their time up on stage which I craved too.

The pain was a lot better though and for the most part, the wound was closed up by now with just a smaller, stubborn blister that kept ripping open when I moved.

I headed backstage for a little to touch up my make-up, politely smiling at a group of girls I walked by. I could feel their stares on me, hushed whispers behind my back as I walked up to my vanity. I exhaled a breath, trying to shrug it off.

I knew everyone had noticed how long I had spent in the champagne room with Harry last weekend. I knew gossip spread, I knew people here knew I was in a contract with Blair and that her husband's eyes had undressed me when I was up on that stage.

Ezra had asked me point-blank if I had done anything with Harry and I denied it, lying straight to his face. He had stared at me for a moment before nodding and thanking me to be honest with him.