The Dream

My visual of Dave & Karkat during the story^
Credit goes to both of these amazing cosplayers

Anyways enjoy!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Be the one having a heart attack:

Did he just say neighbor?

Somebody tell me he didn't say neighbor.

I ran up the stairs, tripping about 4 times on the way.

I came to my door, out of breath due to the 6 flights of stairs I had to climb. I opened my door to find Gamzee smoking on the balcony. "GAM, YOU WERE RIGHT. HE'S MOVING IN. DO ME A FAVOR AND SHOVE A KNIFE IN MY HEART," I yelled. He waved his hand at me,"sToP sTrEsSiN' bRo," he offered me his cigarette. I denied, I'd rather not have my lungs filled with smoke at the moment. I sighed and threw all my stuff on the floor, lazily walking to the balcony. "CAN I ASK YOU SOMETHING?," I rested my arms on the rail. He nodded,"WHY DOES LIFE HATE ME AND NOT YOU?" He turned to me, looking at me with an expression I couldn't quite read, and then looked foward closing his eyes,"DeStInY." He walked away, leaving me and my thoughts alone.

I sighed and closed my eyes, I don't believe in destiny.

I believe in karma.

Karma. Karma. Karma.

The question is, what did I ever do to deserve such horrid punishment?

Well, karma, you are one nasty bitch.

I heard a glass shatter and someone say 'shit' in the distance, which woke me up from my thoughts, I turned around and saw that it wasn't coming from my apartment.

It was coming from the one infront of me.

The balcony doors were closed, which lead curiosity take the best of me. I looked every way possible, the alley was empty and the apartment building next to me was known to be abandond. Who would possibly want to live in there? I had an idea of who it might be, but I hoped that it was just that .01% of stupidity that was taking over my thoughts. I grabbed a small flashlight and headed to the building.

Once again, I was slightly out of breath due to the unholy stairs. I opened the door, making that irritating screeching noise, causing me to cringe. Once I got the chance to get a good look around the place, it didn't look as bad as it did. There's no cobwebs, no dust, no horrifying darkness, no ugly.

Not bad.

I left my flashlight on a small counter that was infront of me, realizing I didn't quite need it. I walked to the source of the noise, unfortunately, there were stairs. 6 goddamn flights of stairs. I looked around, looking for almost the best thing ever created.

Ah, yes, there it is.

The elevator.

I walked over to it pressing the botton of this majestic invention that lead to, well, the 6th floor.

Once I got there, the cursing and mumbling was becoming more audible, only one door was open. Being the curious being I am, I walked over to it as quietly as possible, before I went in, I took a small glimpse at the room number.

Hm, same as mine.

Apartment 413.

I knocked even though the door was wide open, I mean, for fucks sake I don't even know who I'll be dealing with. Could be an assasin, a cop, godzilla, you just never know.

"HELLO?" I called out. A blonde douchebag peeked his head out from what seemed to be a bathroom,"Hey, what are ya' doing here? Oh wait, I know," he smugly leaned against the wall behind him,"You just needed to see me again to confess your love for me." He sighed in content. "If I'm right, which is always, then I love you too, Karkat." His expression was serious. Was he being serious? Just those words coming from him gave me this weird feeling in my stomach. It was probably disgust.

Yeah, utter and plain disgust.

He walked over to me, looking completely serious, I backed away a bit. Okay this is getting weird. The more steps I took back, the closer he came to the point where he had me against the wall. "Do you think I'm kidding? I'm in love with you, Karkat. Do you love me?" My breathing quickened, I felt my face get hot, is he being serious? Why am I reacting this way? He came close to my ear, which gave me goosebumps all around my body, he whispered,"I'll show you how much I love you," his lips where getting close to mine,"Karbro."

"Karbro."

"KaRbRo!"

I bolted up with sweat all over me, my breathing was quickening its pace by the second, I looked at Gamzee who had a surprised look on his face,"YoU aLrIgHt ThErE, bRoThEr?" I nodded, so it was just a dream? Pft, more like a nightmare. Gamzee smiled, and gave you a shirt, a clean one. I semi-smiled at him back, he ruffled your hair and left my room, closing the door on his way. I got up and took off the shirt I had on, which had sweat stains all over it.

Ew.

I examined the shirt Gamzee gave me, which had a weed symbol on it. Seriously? This, of course, was his shirt. I put it on, which I had to admit was pretty loose, and left my room. I walked to a small living room we had, yawning on the way there. Gamzee was laying down on the couch we had, of course, he hardly even fit. "THANKS FOR THE SHIRT, GAM." He nodded, his dopey smile never leaving his face. I yawned, once again, which lead Gamzee to the same.

I turned my attention to the clock. 5:34 p.m.

It's surprisingly not late.

"HeY, tHaT sTrIdEr GuY cAmE tO vIsIt," Gamzee said. Who does he think he is? How does he know I live here? Why did he come? Why is he still on my mind?

Get it together, Vantas.

"OKAY? AND I CARE WHY?" I replied. He got up and sat on the counter,"JuSt ThOuGhT yOu ShOuLd KnOw." He shrugged. I sighed,"SORRY GAM," I commented. I hated taking my anger out on Gamzee, despite quite an embaressment when he randomly honks in public, he's a really good guy. It's just pretty akward between us sometimes, no one really knows this besides Sollux, but Gamzee and I once dated in the past. Not necissarily dated, but y'know..had a session of sloppy makeouts once in a while. I guess you could call it friends with benifits, whatever works. I guess I was just that desperate, and so was he.

Anywho, I'd rather not relive that.

I bet you must be asking ' is Karkat like, homosexual?' No.

No. No. No. No.

I'm not gay.

Just confused.

Confused.

~timeskip to the next day~

Be the cool one:

I walked out of my apartment and down the street. I checked the time on my ironic watch, 7:48 a.m. Yes, I was late, but on purpose. Why? Well, I live next to possibly the most interesting person I know, and the cutest, I may add. And the best part is, I get to see him everyday.

Yes, him.

Yes, I'm a flaming homo.

Does anyone know? No.

That rhymed, the sick beats I throw are already coming out of my mouth like a river of awsomeness.

Uh, uh, yeah.

I'm a flamin' homo.

Does anybody know?

F-U-C-K to big N-O.

Woah, Uh.

I'm such a god. A bunch of naked dudes should praise me, cause' I'm so amazing.

See what I did there?