John

Be the one that seriously needs to move apartments:

"John?"

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"I've got a deal for you."

"No, now if you could please just, I don't know, jump off a cliff or something? That'd be great-"

I was in the process of closing the door when he held it open, giving me one of those smug looks I've always hated.

"Karkat won't be here soon if you don't hear me out."

"What?"

"Listen, I know you hate me but-"

I tried to listen.

But his voice faded away from my mind when I heard the elevator make a loud 'ding'.

He was here.

"..so I was thinking if-"

I pulled him inside and slammed the door, covering his mouth with my hand.

"Ssshhhh, shutup for a second!" I whispered. He was just as confused as I was. He let out a muffled,"What?" And I slapped him on the head. "I said shut the fuck up! Someone's coming.." I whispered harshly. He rolled his eyes and we stood still.

A while passed and nothing happened.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and let go of John, he walked towards me and asked,"The hell was that about!" I shrugged and replied,"I thought someone was-"

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

We froze.

I heard the familiar voice from the other side of the door,"DAVE? OPEN UP, IT'S KARKAT!"

Shit.

John looked at me and I motioned to my bedroom, whispering at him,"Remind me to kick your ass later!" He ran into it and slammed the door, hearing Karkat at the other side of the door question,"UH, ARE YOU OKAY?"

"Peachy! Just..hold on a second!"

I had two options.

Option one, I tell Karkat I fancy him and John plots some revengeful scheme to possibly ruin both our lives for good.

Option two, I completely chicken out and tell Karkat to come by later, resulting in two lives being completely safe.

Option two sounds better, now that I think about it.

I ran to the door, composed myself and fixed my shades, giving myself a quick look in the mirror, damn I'm fine, and opened the door to a confused and irritated Karkat Vantas.

Not that this is out of the ordinary.

"Heeeeyyy..you?"

Smooth.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" He said exhasperatedly,"I HAVE THINGS TO DO."

"What? You, Karkat 'I have no life and am a burden to society' Vantas have things to do?"