Boyfriends

Be the one who has a new boyfriend:

One question, why? Why me? Of all people in the world that have done bad things, why me? Why am I getting punished?

I didn't realize I was still on the phone until I heard John repeating my name.

"When does this 'deal' begin?"

"Monday. I'll have a surprise for you when you get back from school."

"Surprise? What surprise?"

"You'll see. See you Monday, boyfriend."

Hearing that word come from John's mouth made me disgusted.

I have just one more day of freedom, one day without having to act.

Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

-MONDAY MORNING-

I woke up, not realizing that today was the day I had a boyfriend, not realizing that today was the day my life ended.

I didn't want to dress up in my usual clothes, which consisted of bright red colors. Those were happy colors, and clearly, I am far from that.

I got up and put on a black sweater I had laying around somewhere, with my usual black jeans and red converse. I didn't feel like putting much effort into my outfit, or anything, for that matter. I walked into the bathroom and stood there for a good 10 minutes. Doing what, exactly?

Looking at myself in the mirror, comtemplating whether I should just drop out. The dark circles around my eyes weren't as visible when I had my shades on, which was good. I couldn't sleep last night, the feeling of being forced to do something you don't want to do isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my backpack, attempting to give myself a pep-talk as if it would work somehow.

I walked out of my room and saw Sollux, who was eating cereal on the couch. He looked up and me with a shocked look in his face,"Woah, why the dark color2? Iit'2 a good day, Dave!" I tried to smile at him, which didn't work out as planned. "I have to go, but I'll see you later, okay?" I walked out and went down the stairs, walking out the building and off to school.

In all honesty, I want to die. Yes, I know what I'm saying can actually happen, but I'll be considered lucky if I do.

What if Karkat finds out? Will he be mad? I should tell him, even though he probably won't give a damn.

I arrived to school and went straight to my locker for no reason whatsoever. I figured it'll entertain me since I'm probably one of the earliest students today, something out of the ordinary.

I opened it as a paper dropped out from it. I picked it up and unfolded it, it read 'Hello, Davey! It's your boyfriend here! It's our one-day anniversary! I hope you're just as excited as I am! And if not, then we know what will happen :) Have a nice day, babe!'

I got shivers reading the word 'babe' in John's writing. It shouldn't be coming from him, I wish it would come from someone else, it should be coming from someone else.

I stuffed the note into my pocket and walked towards the bathroom. I checked the time while I was walking, it read '7:24 A.M.' I still have a few minutes before more people start coming. I walked inside and splashed my face with water, just to make sure what was happening.