John (Continuing)

Be the one that hates Sollux at the moment:

John.

What is John? Who is John?

Sure, maybe John has some type of history with Strider, but is he really that big of a threat?

Yes, I am fully aware that I am not at the normal height that a 16 year old is meant to be, but John is maybe one foot taller, I can take him, right?

Yes, I am also fully aware that my arms look like noodles and doors are twice the amount of my body weight, but verbally, I can beat John's ass anytime of the day.

Speaking of verbally kicking ass, should I call Dave?

No, Karkat, the reason he told you to leave was probably because he didn't want you there, I mean, who would? Rusty spoons have more value than your life ever will, get real.

Fuck off, Karkat, just call him and kick his ass later. Just stay breezy. Yeah, that seems like the best option. Call, and sound totally cool, no worries.

I dialed his phone number, which I unintentionally memorized, and held it against my ear, hoping he'd pick up.

"...Hello?"

"HEY!"

That wasn't breezy at all, Karkat.

"Karkat?"

"YEAH, ME, KARKAT, Y'KNOW, YOUR UM..BRO?"

Way to fucking go, Vantas, you dumbfuck.

I heard him laugh, which made me let out a sigh of relief I hope he didn't hear.

"Seems like you finally got what bro meant, huh?"

"HAH, YEAH...I GUESS? ANYWAYS I UH-"

Why did you call? Karkat, why did you even call? Did you not plan this out?! Karkat, you truly are the exact definition of an idiot.

Think! What is something he's interested in? The weather? Politics?

"YOU WANNA HANG OUT LATER?"

Karkat, did you just ask Dave Strider, the guy you have no idea whether you hate or love, if he wants to 'hang out' later?

"Sure! Yeah, uh, my place in an hour sound good?"

"YEAHOKAYSOUNDSCOOLGOTTAGOBYE!"

I let out a huge breath and slumped back on my couch.

Karkat, what were you thinking?

Be the one that has no idea whether what just happened was real or not:

Did that just happen?

Did Karkat Vantas ask me if he wanted to hang out?

Did I just invite him to my place?

I turned to John, who was eating my food, typical, and yelled,"You have to leave!"

"What?" He asked, licking his cheesy dorito fingers. Gross.