Better Off

Be the one who is the 'mystery person' but doesn't know it:

"...WELL I'D SAY GO FOR IT."

He gave me a strange look, which gave me a strange feeling.

"What if I can't?" He asked. Something in the tone of his voice just made me uneasy, as if he were suggesting something or someone, in particular.

"WHY CAN'T YOU?"

He looked like he was going to cry, he looked anywhere but my direction. His hands were stuffed in his pockets as if he were going to rip them right off his blue jeans. I watched the way his neck throbbed faster and faster as we got deeper into the conversation. What was he nervous about?

He looked choked up, as if he were trying so hard to say something, but just couldn't. His body language gave it all away. He cleared his throat and just shrugged, at his state, I can tell why he didn't say anything.

I felt a certain atmosphere around him, not his usual 'swaggy cool kid' junk, but something way different. Something real. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I've felt this before.

I decided to change the subject, since we are clearly getting no where, and he still didn't answer my question. As much as I wanted to keep this going, I couldn't, he looked way too uncomfortable.

"..YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION."

His reply is what surprised me the most.

"Why do you care?"

I could ask myself the same question, but I wouldn't be able to answer it. In all honesty, I don't know why I care. I just have a bad feeling about this John guy. I tried to keep my cool, however, if he replies like that one more time, I will certainly not hesitate to bitch slap the hell out of his white, sunglass-wearing face.

"ANSWER THE QUESTION."

"You answer the question first."

Calm yourself, Karkat.

"I ASKED YOU FIRST."

I heard a loud groan in the distance, meaning I should probably get the hell out of here, but I seriously wanted to know why.

We didn't break eye contact, well, atleast I thought he was looking at me due to the fact that his glasses are darker than my hair.

It's like the world had stopped for just the two of us, I don't know what was going on, but the tension was so thick you could feel it in the entire apartment.

I heard nothing but the sound if my heartbeat, the sound of my mind telling me to say this and say that.

That was up until he said something. There was nothing but silence, he said it so quietly that my heartbeat was louder than his voice.

"..I went to go tell him to..to-"

Just when he was going to say it, the only person that can make things worse woke up at a perfect time, note the sarcasm.

"G-..Guyssss!..Hey..Do ya' here me?!..I lovwe you guys, man!..Y-You guys!..I lovwe ya'.." Cronus swung his arms around us two into a tight hug, he started to get emotional as he repeated how much he loved us and Kankri.

Thank you, Cronus, for making life harder for the both of us.

I decided that it is time for me to go the hell home. Fuck this, I miss Gamzee and waking up to the smell of bacon and weed.