Chapter 1: Six months

Pov y/n

Six months are a long time and a lot can change in that time. Some things for the better, some things get worse.

My past six months have been mostly good. Of course, it wasn’t all sunshine, happiness and blissfulness but it was still good.

I started the Avengers training program a few weeks after the team and I destroyed the Red Room.
I talked it through with pretty much everyone and Tony was happy to welcome me to the program.

Ever since I was little, Mom trained me in different kinds of fighting, mostly combat.
Back when I was like ten, Steve showed me how to box but it wasn’t much fun so I stopped it. It did become useful in training though because I remembered the basics and didn’t have to learn everything from the beginning.

The program is hard and exhausting but nonetheless fun. Maybe it is because I’m the Black Widow’s daughter or maybe because the Avengers know me since I was little but they treat me respectfully, which I really appreciate.
And, what’s almost even more important to me, they don’t compare me to my mother.
I love my Mom, no doubt but it can be tiring when people always expect you to be a certain way and to have a special skillset. It is true, I got trained but compared to what my Mom was trained in, that is nothing.
She always kept the exercises at an appropriate level that was according to my age and she never forced me to train if I didn’t want to.

The program is a bit harder because we have training schedules that we have to follow, not if we’re sick or having an important appointment of course, but there’s no skipping.

One could say it’s a dumb rule and too strict but I understand why they do it.
If you know you can skip, you tend to do that more likely as if you can’t skip. Besides, skipping often leads to not going for a longer period of time and going on a mission while being out of training is dangerous.
It also teaches you how to handle your responsibilities and be reliable.
Okay, the last part might just be what Tony and Steve always say but still.

My training is a tiny bit different than the other ones because I’m not being trained in handling a gun.
After everything that happened I just don’t feel ready yet and Tony and Steve respect that.
We tried it once like two months ago and it didn’t give me a flashback or caused a panic attack but I felt really uncomfortable and wasn’t able to pull the trigger. We left it at that and they assured me that if I ever wanted to try again, I could.

What I am being taught is archery though. Uncle Clint agreed to teach it to me and I’m already kinda good if I may say so myself. Most of the time he teaches me at the compound but on long weekends, I visit him and Aunt Laura on their farm and he teaches me there.

I love the visits as it’s a nice contrast to the busy life in the compound.
Cooper and Lila also enjoy my stays there and I get to spend time with baby Nathaniel.
He is adorable and I had to keep in my laugh when my Mom sulked because he isn’t a girl and named after her.

His second name is Pietro, which made Wanda more than happy and whenever she goes with me to visit them, she loves to take care of Nathaniel and she swears, he already reminds her of her brother. It’s sweet to see them interact and I won’t lie, seeing Wanda with a baby is somehow attractive.

Other than archery, I am also training to shoot with widow bites every once in a while. It doesn’t take as much training as archery does but it’s important to refresh the memory. Tony had a lot of fun designing a suit for me and he also worked on the widow bites and adjusted a few features.

But I think the most fun part about training is, when it comes to the fighting training because I am on a similar level as Wanda and we get paired a lot, okay always.
It can be really hard to keep in the giggles when we get ready to fight but as soon as we start, we are both in the zone, still careful to not hurt each other badly though.