Chapter 18: Build-a-bear

Pov y/n

The rest of the Saturday, we stay in and have a calm day because neither of us feels like getting up and doing something else.
Well, except for training, which we can't skip. But it helps a little and afterwards I feel a little more energetic, which is nice as well.

Tomorrow morning is the next training, so we decide to go showering after that because we already showered this morning. Mom is in a bad mood for the rest of the day but that's okay, she's allowed to be angry or annoyed.

Sure, I don't agree with what she said but I still get that she's upset.
While doing some schoolwork, I think about the party last night and what happened with Val and Wanda. Wanda was really upset, which I totally understand. I'm not sure though, if she was just a little upset, possessive or jealous. But whatever it was, I want to make sure, we talk about it and I also want to show her, that I love her and would never want another girl to be my girlfriend, at least not right now or as long as I love Wanda.

So, I decide to plan a little date. It's been a while since we've been on one and I feel like, it could lift both our spirits and give us enough time to talk about what happened.

Since I want it to be a surprise, I don't tell Wanda what I have planned. I know we have training tomorrow morning but after that we have no real plans. And I know Wanda also has none because we talk about those kinds of things and she would probably have told me if she had any plans.

So, the next day after training and after a shower, I wait on the bed for her. She comes out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel.

"What?" She asks, noticing my grin.

"You look hot with wet hair." I say and she smiles a little at me. That was not was I planned to say but it's true, she does look hot when her hair is wet.

"Thank you, baby." She replies and comes to a stand in front of me.
"But I feel like there's a reason, you're sitting here, waiting for me."

I grin and the urge to say something dirty is there but I want this to be sweet and soft, so I ignore that.

"I'm taking you out on a date today." I tell her and her eyes light up. For a few seconds she stops in her movements, looking at me with huge eyes.
"Really?" She asks and I nod and get up.

"Really. So, whenever you're ready, we can go." I tell her and she smiles widely and quickly runs into the bathroom to blow dry her hair. I smile at her impatience and pack a little bag with our wallets, keys and all that stuff. Once she's ready, she comes out of the bathroom, her hair dry and brushed, loosely braided.

"I'm ready." She tells me excitedly and my heart warms up at her excitement.
"And you look amazing." I flirt and she blushes a bit and gives me a kiss on the cheek in return.

"What are we doing at the mall?" She asks. Not judgmental but curious what exactly my plan is. I wink and get out of the car to open her door as well, which makes her smile.

"You're gonna see soon enough." I assure her and take her hand in mine, our fingers intertwining automatically. Wanda bounces a little next to me and seeing her this excited, makes me truly happy.

"But before we go to where I wanna go, maybe we should talk about what happened Friday night?" I offer carefully and Wanda nods, her mood not really shifting, which I'm glad about.

"We probably should." She agrees as we step into the building.
"Maybe I should start. I'm sorry that it escalated that much, she just really pushed my buttons and due to the alcohol, I couldn't think clearly and my emotions took over. It's not that I don't trust you, because I really do, please never doubt that. It's more her way of doing things that makes me mad. She clearly knows we are together and after last time, I thought she would stop it but she didn't, so I kinda snapped." Wanda says and I look at her, squeezing her hand a little to show her it's okay.