Chapter 43: What are you doing here?

Pov y/n

"Hey Mom." I say a little awkwardly, not exactly sure what else to say. She seems a little lost for words as well, which is really rare for her.

"I thought you were in the compound." She states and I hear Sam yelling something.

"I'm obviously not. I just didn't feel like being locked in." I say with a shrug and her eyes harden a little, apparently not expecting me to talk back like this.

"You weren't locked in." She shakes her head and I almost laugh out loud. Either she doesn't know what Tony ordered or she wants to pretend as if it wasn't so bad.

"Okay, how would you call it, if you weren't allowed to leave the compound? Having Vision watching over you like a fucking babysitter?" I ask back, feeling the annoyance about this bubbling up again.

"First of all: language. And second, please lose that attitude." She says and I cross my arms.

"I don't like being locked in and it wasn't fair of Tony to tell Vision to keep me and Wanda in check. We didn't do anything wrong while you were away, we just wanted to go buy groceries. What do you expect will happen there?
Do you think, Wanda will destroy the whole store?
Well, note to you, she wouldn't. She is a human being and deserves to be treated as one." I huff out, saying what's been on my mind for a while now.

They all pretend as if Wanda was a threat and then wonder why she is afraid of using her powers.
How is she supposed to gain confidence, when even the people around her, who know her, treat her as if she would kill everyone she sees?

"I don't know what Tony's reason was but I just wanted to make sure, you won't go out and do something without thinking about it." She says and I feel anger build up. So she is the one who told Vision or Tony, I don't know or care, to keep me inside the compound.
Wow, great parenting.

"Something like trying to get out of the accords you signed for me even though I didn't want that?" I ask, glaring a little at her.
Mom exhales and runs a hand through her hair, containing herself a little.

"I did that to protect you." She explains, trying to be patient with me but I can tell that it won't last long.

"Funny. Lately, all I hear as a reason for people's actions is that they want to protect me. I get that you want to ensure my safety and I haven't forgotten about the Red Room or that there are other threats out there but I had a lot of training in the past year. I am able to defend myself better now. Besides, the Red Room is destroyed, so one threat less to worry about." I point out, feeling a little uncomfortable tingle in my stomach at mentioning the Red Room but I ignore that.

"You will understand that when you're older. Please, just come with me, let me get you out of here." Mom says, gesturing around and I raise my eyebrows at her.

Did she really just tell me that we can 'escape' this?
I don't really like fighting but I won't leave my team and especially not Wanda. I'm not exactly saying I'm choosing Wanda over my Mom but I wouldn't choose Mom over Wanda, as hard as that may sound.

I love my Mom and she really had some great parenting moments and took great care of me and did really good in raising me but this right now isn't one of those parenting moments.

I don't want to fight with her, verbally or physically but I won't leave this fight and Wanda just to be brought somewhere else where I might not be allowed to leave.

"Why, so you can look me inside another apartment?" I ask, sounding colder than intended. I can see clear hurt in Mom's eyes at my words and I almost regret them, almost.

"I would never lock you up." She says a little more silent and I press my lips together.

"You already did. The compound may be huge but you still locked me inside." I say and she looks to the ground, taking a deep breath, knowing I am right.