Chapter 30: Labels

A/n: I'm back at updating and I decided to update every second day now, to speed it up a littl ;D

Pov y/n

Even though I was mad at Mom for signing those accords in my name, I am still scared that she is hurt after the explosion.

I scramble to get my phone and with slightly shaky hands, I search for her contact.
Wanda sits straight next to me, equally as worried as I am.
I find the contact and press 'call', listening to the slow beeping. My leg bounces as I wait for my Mom's voice. Finally, the call is picked up on the other line.

"Mom?!" I call, my voice louder than anticipated due to my worry.

"Hey, malyshka (baby). Are you alright?" She asks and I almost want to laugh for her asking me that question.

"Sure. But are you? I saw what happened." I quickly ramble, even though the fact that she picked up is a good sign.

"Yes, I am fine, don't worry. I sat far away enough." She assures me and I stare at the screen where ambulances come to the scene.

"What about Tony?" I ask, biting my lip. Tony might not have been the kindest during the past week or so but I still care about him and wouldn't want him to be hurt.

"He's fine too. I think he's already running around, trying to figure out what happened." She calms me down and I nod, taking a breath.

"I'm getting another call right now. If you want to talk more, you can call me anytime. I gotta go now though. I love you, dorogory (sweetheart)."

"I love you too, Mom." I say and hang up. I might be mad at her for what she did but after seeing this explosion, I don't want my last words to her be a not said 'I love you'.

I let my phone drop onto the couch and fall back into the pillows. Wanda looks at me a little worried but I wave it off.

"Mom is fine, she's not hurt and neither is Tony." I tell her and she nods but her eyes aren't less worried.

"Are you alright?" She asks carefully and I think about it before I slowly nod.

"There's a lot going on in my head with everything but I'm alright. And there is nothing I can do about either of those things anyways, so." I shrug a little and Wanda takes my hand, looking at me compassionately.

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" She asks and I think about it before I slowly nod.

"Can you distract me? I don't want to think about it the whole time." I answer and she smiles a little and nods.

"Of course. How about... we go to the shelter in the woods?" She offers and I nod, that sounds like a good idea.

I get up and she gently takes my hand and I feel a little calmer with her by my side. We get our coats and take the elevator downstairs again.

On the living level, Vision enters the elevator and I try not to roll my eyes as soon as I see him. I'm not even sure why I dislike him this much but I can't help it.

"Where are you two headed?" He asks and I think it's supposed to sound casual but it doesn't.

"Just out, into the woods." Wanda answers because she probably knows I wouldn't. Vision nods slowly.

"It's raining outside." He says and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"How do you know?" I ask skeptically and he looks at me.

"I am connected to the internet, I can look up the current weather." He explains and I nod, suppressing a huff.

I look at Wanda and she squeezes my hand a little, silently telling me we will find something else to do.