Chapter 5: Wanda's birthday

Pov y/n

I wake up before Wanda and smile when I look at her. She looks really peaceful when she sleeps.

Luckily, it’s Saturday, so we don’t have to go to school today and can have a nice day together.
We talked about what she wanted to do on her birthday and she said she just wanted to spend a nice day with me. Her answer made me smile and I would be dumb if I said ‘no’ to that.

I want to make her breakfast in bed but I don’t want her to wake up alone on her birthday.
But I have no clue how long she’ll stay asleep. I glance over at my alarm, it’s 8:30 am, not too early.

So, I shuffle a little closer and brush some hair out of her face.
A tiny smile forms on her lips and my heart warms up at the sight. I lean down and place a few gentle kisses on her cheeks and forehead.
The corners of her mouth lift even more and tug into a smile. I continue to kiss her face softly and when her eyes start to flutter open, I smile down at her.

“Good morning, my beautiful daisy.” I whisper and see her eyes shining bright at me, even though she just woke up.
“Happy birthday.” I add and kiss her forehead. She looks up at me and slowly lifts up a hand, cupping my cheek.

“Good morning, sunshine.” She says in her raspy morning voice, her accent thick.
God, I love when she sounds like this.
I smile down at her as she slowly wakes up more and more.

“I’m sorry to wake you but I wanted to make you breakfast in bed but didn’t want you to wake up alone.” I explain and she smiles up at me.

“You’re really sweet, do you know that?” She asks and her thumb brushes over my cheek. I lean a little into her touch.

“How about we make breakfast together though?” She offers and I nod, accepting that.
Sure, I wanna spoil her today but if she wants to make breakfast with me, I won’t deny her that.

“But can we cuddle a little bit before we go to the kitchen?” She asks and my heart melts a little at her words.

“Of course, we can. Whatever you want.” I say and she smiles lazily, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me to lay on her.
“Don’t you wanna cuddle into me?” I ask, my chin resting on her sternum but she shakes her head.

“I just wanna hold you close and enjoy having you by my side.” She explains and what can I say against that?

So, I just lay down on her chest again, listening to her heartbeat as her hands brush over my back before one comes up to my neck and then my face.
Her finger starts to trace from my jaw over my cheek, up to my eyebrow, down my nose and over my lips.

She started doing this a while ago and it’s just such an amazing feeling.
She’s all soft and gentle and it makes me feel so loved and deeply cared for and admired.
Every time she does this, it gives me butterflies and I wish I could stay like this forever.

She also often used this method to lull me to sleep and I have to admit, it works pretty good.
Even now that I’m not really tired, it slowly drives me closer to sleep and I have to fight a little to stay awake, not wanting to fall asleep on her as I promised her breakfast.

She seems to notice my state and I hear her chuckle a bit before she lets her finger trace down to under my chin and she lifts my head to look at her.

“Can I have a kiss?” She asks softly and my heart flutters at her sweet question.
“Of course, but I still have morning breath.” I warn her but she just shrugs and I lean up to hover over her.
She props herself up on her elbows and connects her lips with mine. It’s a short but sweet kiss and I love it.