Chapter 3: Birthday party?

Pov y/n

“Wait, you’re turning 18 and don’t have a party?” Liv asks a little confused and looks at Wanda.
Wanda shrugs and pops an apple slice into her mouth. She chews before answering.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve had a birthday party.” She says  and Liv and Kelly both gap at her a little.
They don’t really know Wanda’s history and everything, partly because those are information Tony told us not to tell anyone because they are confidential or something like that.

“But you gotta have a birthday party for your 18th birthday.” Kelly says, her food completely forgotten.

“I mean, it would be cool but I don’t need one.” Wanda shrugs it off. I keep myself out of the conversation. It’s not my business to decide whether Wanda wants a party or not.

She can decide for herself and I am fine with it either way.
If she’s having a party, that would be cool and probably a lot of fun but it would be just as good if she didn’t and we would spend the day together, maybe having a date or something.

I open the burger I got for lunch today and scrunch my nose up at the pickle they put into it.
I never liked those, they seem so unnecessary.
But luckily, Wanda likes them, so I pull the pickle off my burger and put it onto her plate. She gives me a small smile at the action, knowing that I don’t like it.

“I wouldn’t even know where to throw a party.” She says and I close my burger again and start eating it. Kelly looks from Wanda to me and back.

“Don’t you live in a huge compound?” She asks and I start to laugh, almost choking and Wanda’s eyes dart to me, making sure I’m okay.

“Sorry. I don’t think Tony would allow us to throw a party there. He might likes to throw parties himself but I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t want a bunch of teenagers in the compound. Especially not, because the other Avengers live there too and the elevator goes up to our rooms.” I explain my reaction and Wanda nods thoughtfully in agreement.

“True, he wouldn’t like that much teenagers in the compound.” She agrees and I can tell that Kelly is already thinking again.

“But doesn’t he throw a lot of parties himself? Surely a few teenagers aren’t as bad as a lot of adults?” Liv asks and I sigh a little and nod.

“Probably not, especially when some of his friends get competitive but still, it’s a little hard to convince him.” I say and Liv nods in understanding.

“You’re the first of us who turns 18…” Kelly trails of and Wanda looks at her. I go back to eating because this feels like a conversation between the two of them.

“I think my parents are on a business trip in January sometime, maybe we could throw a party at my house then. It’ll be almost a month after your birthday but still.” She suggests with bright eyes and Wanda thinks about it, pursing her lips in an adorable way.

“I like the idea but I don’t want to be like the main attraction on the party. It makes me nervous when all the attention is on me.” She admits and I nod, understanding her completely. Kelly nods as well, respecting that.

“I mean, I wanted to throw a party anyway, so. How about we don’t say it’s a birthday party for you? Only the four of us know it is. No one will mind if we have cake there and all the attention wouldn’t be on you?” She thinks out loud and Wanda’s eyes light up a little.

“That sounds like a really cool idea.” She agrees and by the tone in her voice I can tell, that she’s getting a little excited about this.
“I’ve never been to a party before but I heard that it’s supposed to be fun and really cool.” She says excitedly and I smile to myself. Seeing her happy always makes me happy. Kelly matches her energy and nods excitedly.