Chapter 5

Oh Ophelia, you've been on my mind girl since the flood.

Tony sang the lyrics underneath his breath while Happy drove him to a meeting he was supposed to attend two hours ago.

"You've been singing that a lot lately." Happy notes.

"Oh yeah?" Tony put his phone away and propped his elbow up on the door and leans his cheek on the palm of his hand, smiling a little bit as he watched the buildings roll by. "I like that song."

Happy glanced at him.

It's not every day his boss sits wishfully staring out of the car window with a soft smile on his lips, saying he liked a song other than AC/DC.

"Who's the girl?" He asked

"What do you mean?" Tony looked at Happy, but quickly went back to staring at the buildings when he saw Happy stare at him, as if he's trying to figure something out. "Eyes on the road Hap."

Usually, Tony would be driving, even with Happy around, but his mind was too occupied for him to safely drive.

"I'm going to figure out who she is." Happy decided and waited to see his bosses reaction with the corner of his eye, but there was none. Tony was back in imaginary land, a soft smile on his face and completely oblivious to everything around him. "He's so wiped."

Happy scoffed.

*

Niall and Alana shared a look when a song about her, written by her ex, played on the radio.

"No don't change it!" She swatted Niall's hand away and then put it back on the steering wheel. She loved this song.

"What? You're okay with it? Be honest." He asked, flabbergasted.

"I'll be honest, I'm alright this way. It's such a nice song." She smiled and sang the next line out loud. "You've been on my mind girl since the flood!"

"It doesn't bother you? How do you ever get over an ex if you jam to a song they wrote about you?"

"I mean overtime I do get him out my head,and I got over him, but then the radio does this magical thing and decide to- wait a damn minute."

She quickly pulled up to the side of the road, pulled out her phone and opened up the voice recording app and started recording.

"I just got an idea."

Niall lifted his brows for her to go on.

"I'll be honest. I'm all right this way." She sang and he immediately caught on.

"Sunday ev-morning, in my own bedsheets?" He offered and she nodded eagerly.

"I'll be honest, I'm better off this way." She said and began mulling over lyrics in her head, but couldn't think of anything until Niall spoke up.

"But over time I think that I could get you out my hand, but you never ever let me forget!" He was grinning and she couldn't help but mirror his happiness.

"Cause, just when I, think you're gone, hear our song on the radio!" She said as happiness filled her.

"And I've been trying but I just can't fight it! When I hear it I just can't stop smiling!" 

"Baby it's just a song on the radio."

"That we used to know." They both said the last line together.

"Niaaaalll!" 

They both began squealing.

"That was amazing!" He side hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Oh my god. We need to get to the studio." 

She sped off and in no time they were pulling up in front of her studio.

It didn't even take 20 minutes for them to come up with the entire thing.