Chapter 53

"I know you've never loved, the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, you've never loved your stomach or your thighs, the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine, but I'll love them endlessly." She quietly sung under her breath as she cooked while the recorder played in the back. She had to make a big meal this evening because the avengers were over for dinner. They were all spread out throughout the entire mansion on a treasure hunt she set up for them so they stayed busy and quit bothering her while cooking.

They were loving it.

"But if I do, it's you, oh it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you. And all these little things."

She turned around when she heard someone else singing and smiled. Her heart warmed up and she felt all fuzzy.

Tony held his hand out to her and she placed her hand in his, leaving the cutting board and carrots behind.

"I didn't know you knew the lyrics." She said and he spun her around and danced with her in the kitchen.

"Oh yes I very much do. I have this thing called Peter Parker, and he has this deep love for this one band and has their music on repeat, all the time. Kinda subconsciously picked up on the lyrics."

"I see, I really like this song in particular." She laughed when he dipped her and then pulled her back up.

"Oh? What for?"

"It's written about me. So whenever I feel down I put it on and feel better and loved." She smiled up at him and he was silent for a second as he related the lyrics to her.

"And since it's playing now, do you feel sad?"

"No, it was just the next song on the record playing. I also like to sing this song out loud because it can be fun and it brings joy."

"Well my dear, I love every little thing about you and never hesitate to reach out to me if you're feeling down."

"I will, Stark." She hugged him and kissed his collar bone in thanks.

Alana woke up with a gasp.

Out of all nights, why did this happen now?

It was a nice memory, but at the same time it felt like a night mare. It was a night mare because she knew she wouldn't be carelessly dancing with Tony in the kitchen again while the rest of the teams crashed into walls in her house, laughing their heads off trying to win the treasure hunt. A fake one at that.

Tears rolled down her face and she covered her mouth with her hand trying not to cry. She shouldn't cry. She should be happy for Tony. Romee was an excellent girl and very lovable. She was kind and perfect. She was perfect for Tony, while she wasn't.

There was no way she was going back to sleep, which was funny because that memory wasn't technically a nightmare, but she won't be able to think about anything else.

She sniffled and got up, taking her phone with her and turning on the torch to go to the bathroom. She washed her face and did her morning routine, but then she remembered Tony making fun of her for it and then having a laugh about it.

"I'm telling you Tones, it will make you skin look a lot better and healthier." She giggled and held the clay mask container up.

"No thanks. Water is all I need to make my face look so beautiful."

"But this is fun and we can take cute pictures." She wiggled her hand and raised her eyebrows playfully.

"I don't do cute. No thanks."