Chapter 10

Eventually, the three of them made it to the common room where a few others were.

"Finally!" Sam groaned and threw his hands up in exasperation.

Thor and Natasha turned their heads from watching the tv and watched all three of them. Nat was grinning at the amount of pink glitter everywhere.

"Oh, there is a new lady here. Hello lady." Thor jumped up from the couch and made his way towards her. He leaned down to kiss her hand, but paused and inspected her face.

"Oh, I know you." He said in realization.

She looked at him puzzled.

The god of thunder knows me?

She slightly tilted her head to the side at his scrutiny of her face and at his proximity.

"You do?"

"Yes, yes." He held onto her face with one hand, squishing her cheeks. "You look very fami-aha! You're the Lady of the musics we listen to all the time. Lady Alana Evans!" He grinned and kissed her nose then stood back up, looking very proud that he figured out who she is.

"I-oh,woah. Imagine getting your cheeks squished and then your nose kissed by a god." She said, her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

"Do you not like nose kisses?" Thor asked and slightly pouted. 

"No I really like them." 

"Alright, then I shall give you more nose kisses all the time!" He grinned at her and she smiled back at him.

"Excuse me sir. Stop trying to steal my best friend from right under my nose. Today the both of us are hanging out." Sam came over and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Hey hot stuff." Nat nodded to her from the couch and she gave her a little wave.

"Hey. You must be Natasha Romanov."

"Mhm." Nat patted the seat next to her and Alana untangled herself from Sams hold to go over. She jumped over the back of the couch and landed right next to the Russian spy who had an impressed grin on her face.

It's always the coolest thing when someone jumps over a couch.

"Are they always like this?" Alana motioned to the Asgardian and the Falcon who were in a heated discussion, but no punches were thrown, yet.

"Not those two. It's usually Bucky and Sam."

"Did someone say my name?"

Two super soldiers walked in looking sweaty. Bucky had a towel around his neck and Steve was chugging a smoothie. They were both wearing a shirt that was a size too small on them.

Alana almost squealed at seeing two more historical figures in real life.

Bucky suppressed the urge to go run up to his room, grab a jacket to cover his arm and then come back down when he saw someone new in the common room sitting with Nat.

Alana was beaming at the two. 

It was a very surreal feeling to actually see two people you gushed over their achievements in your history books.

She got up to greet them and they both made their way over to her.

"Hey doll, I'm Bucky Barnes."

"I'm Steve Rogers, nice to meet you sweetheart."

She could feel the heat in her cheeks but she put her hand out to shake theirs.

"Hi. I'm Alana Evans."

This is a ground breaking moment. I can't believe I'm meeting them. Is this even real?

Steve grabbed her hand and kissed it, and Bucky did the same thing.

"Look at them. The 40's charmers." Nat scoffed.

Alana's excitement was through the roof.

Bruce then walked in and smiled at her excitement. She just met two other people she read about.

"Bruce! Look Bruce! I met two others!" She grinned at him and the two soldiers shared a look.

"Two others?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. Two others she met that she's read about in school." Bruce explained.

"People learn about us?" Bucky looked puzzled and didn't know what to do with that information. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? What did they learn? What if they taught everyone about his time in hydra? Will this person he's just met think of him as a monster? What will she do when she figu-

"Yeah! Sergeant Bucky Barnes and Captain Rogers of the howling commandos. You guys did amazing work. Thank you for years of servi-actually, for your continued service. The world would be so different without what you guys had done. I'm very honored to even be talking with you guys."

They both stared at her.

"Steve..." Bucky said, really trying to not get emotional at someone praising him and calling him Sergeant. 

"Yeah. I know." His best friend said, also not trying to get emotional at getting praised and thanked.

"Alana. Steve and I have adopted you as our little sister." Bucky said and pulled her into a hug. She immediately wrapped her arms around him and smiled. Steve joined the hug and Alana couldn't remember feeling as safe as she felt right at that moment.

"Group hug!" Thor hollered and tackled them to the ground, laughing his head off and wrapping his arms around them all.

"Dog pile!" Peter screamed and jumped on top of everyone and they all oofed.

"Do I even need to ask what's going on here?" Tony said upon walking in.

"Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave." Alana said from underneath everyone and that's exactly what they did towards Tony.

They smiled and waved.