Chapter 48

Alana was going up the elevator in the tower to check up on Tony. She was concerned for him after what Sam told her the day before, so she decided to visit since it was her day off.

She walked out of the elevator on the common floor, and her eyes fell on a hunched figure sitting on the sofa.

Tony.

Tony, a man who usually carried himself with pride and a straight back was hunching and looking off into the distant, but clearly, he wasn't actually looking. His skin was slightly paler than usual and he fidgeted with his fingers as he just sat there immersed within his own thoughts.

Alana.

That was all that was on his mind. That women was all he could think off even when he was trying not think of her, yet, everything reminded him of her. Everything. His mind would always tie it back to her and he wanted it to stop. It was haunting. Haunting because he doesn't have her in his life anymore. He pushed her away. The one person that really listened to him. He pushed her away. 

She genuinely cared about who Tony was as a person and not as Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist. He got to talk with her for more than half of the year through text only, and he didn't remember ever being so happy checking his phone, waiting for a message of hers to pop up, asking how his day ways, if anything was on his mind or if he preferred hot coffee or hot chocolate during the winter season. She was a breath of fresh air in this world full of fumes. She was all he needed but not all of what she needed. She deserves a perfect man just as perfect as she is, not someone like him. And that hurt him. It hurt him that it was true and it hurt him that he couldn't be with her. He just needed to see her aga-

A soft "hey" from right in front of him had him refocus his eyes.

Alana was crouching down so she was level with Tony, a soft hand on his knee to pull him out of his trance, but he feel straight into  another one while looking at her eyes.

"Tony?" She tried again and he blinked.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" He pulled his knee away from her hand as he sat straight and pushed himself farther back into the couch. He wanted to pull her in a hug, kiss her, hold her tight, but he settled with a frown on his face.

She got a little hurt by seeing the frown on his face and leaned back, away from him.

"Nothing, I was just checking in on you. No matter what goes on between us, you're my friend before anything. You don't seem all too well."

"I'm doing okay," he slapped both his knees and used that momentum to get up and look at anything but her. "You wasted your time coming here."

"But time is never wasted when it's spent with you." She said, but under her breath, yet he was able to hear it.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and cleared it.

"Right soooo, I'm gunna go over there, and you do you, don't bother me, please, I'm a busy man." He walked over to the kitchen, leaving behind yet a broken Alana all over again as she blinked her tears away.

Right, sometimes I'm too kind and caring towards people for my own good.

She got up, taking a deep breath while doing so, and just as she did that, laughter came out of the elevator and Romee Strijd walked out of it, a phone up to her ear.

"Ahhh! Alana!!" Romee said a quick bye, ending the phone call and ran up to Alana in excitement. She threw her arms around her and hugged her tight. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

Alana hugged her friend back and held her tight, really missing her.

"I know, but know we're both here so we can hang out when we're free." She happily said.

"I'm so excited you are here, but why didn't you tell me earlier so we can properly hang out?" Romee pulled away, her hands still on Alana's shoulders though.

"Actually I was just leaving. I only stopped by really quick to check in on Tony."

"Tony? Why? Is something wrong with him? Is something wrong babe?" Romee asked Tony who had walked up to her and put an arm around her waist. He kissed her lips and Romee was smiling the entire time.

"No babe, nothing is wrong. Alana and I were just close friends. She comes by every now and then, but don't mind." He said while never letting his eyes go off of Romee.

"Right, well, bye." Alana was filled with jealousy and hurt as she looked at the two. She walked past them, even apologized to Rome when she invited her to stay over for dinner and continued walking.

"Jarvis," she said when the elevator door closed.

"Yes Phi?"

"Make sure this thing goes straight down and doesn't open up for anyone on any floor."

"Of course miss."

"How long do I have?"

"A few minutes. I'll tell you when there's thirty seconds left."

"Thanks J." And that's all it took for her to slide down on her bum and cry.

This time, she didn't cry because of Tony breaking the promise or because of heartbreak. She cried because she realised that Romee was probably the better choice for Tony anyways.

Romee who walked for Victorias Secret annual show for four years while she only did it once. Romee who was the epitome of beauty while she wasn't. Romee, the female desired by many, of both genders, while she wasn't. She was an angel. Kind, beautiful, lovable, funny, bright and Alana was trying her hardest to be that, and it's not really working. Romee that made Tony smile and kiss her, while she couldn't. Tony didn't smile when he saw her, not like he used to, he frowned.

But then again, this was her fault. She should have been more firm with Emily, her manager. If she had, then none of this would have happened. It's really a shame on her ownself. Tony's gone now, even if she's sitting right next to him, he's gone. That scene earlier proved to her that.

And then, for some unknown reason, Alana Evans decided to show them. 

Sure, she's not perfect. She's flawed. She didn't have the best body in the showbizz, but it was still nice, and she was going to show it off, even if it made her feel uncomfortable. She will try to be different. Grow more comfortable in her uncomfortableness. For once, she wanted to push herself, she didn't want a push from her manager or makeup and stylist team. She wanted to venture into deep water because she felt like it. Even if what she had in mind might be considered sultry, showing off too much skin, leaving nothing to the imagination, and will raise many conversations about her. She was going to do it. She was going to forget and evolve.

And then she scoffed at herself.

Who was she kidding?

She was going to do all of that anyways. She didn't have to make herself feel better about it by making an excuse as pathetic as her feelings. This is the showbiz. This is what she has to do anyways to survive in this environment.