Chapter - II [Dard Pehle Se Hai Jyada]

At The Knowhere Cafe

A cafe established in 1994 near PVS college gave tons of memories to Anuj as he visited it always after college to chill and hangout with his friends. None of the lavish restaurants of Ahemdabad could match the tastiest Bun Maska and cheese Patties they served.

(Sorry... my love for food is a little too much. Please bear with me🤭🤭)

Back to the story :

Anuj was tapping his foot in anxiety and his eyes were focused on the black magnet. He was fidgeting it at a very fast pace recalling the instances which happened minutes back. He should have felt happy and contented on seeing Anupama, that one girl whom he has loved from 10 years, ever since he saw her on 23rd june 1995 at 10.03.25 am at the stairs of their college when she was running late for her class and collided with him. His time stopped there and is still stuck there.

Admist all this going on in his mind, he heard a familiar voice from behind....
A woman, fair skinned of age 29, dressed in a black pant suit, and a high pony tail, looking all hot and sassy at the same time almost jumped and hugged him.

ANUJ :

"Tu kab badi hogi Devika...Aise kon karta hai yaar??"

DEVIKA (pulling his cheeks) :

" Awwlee mela US return.... Tu darr gyaa.."

ANUJ getting annoyed at her childish antiques which he usually enjoyed made her sit in front of him.
Before he could say anything. She started ranting.

"Tera kya karoon mai Anuj....Ek to Tu India aaya aur mujhe bataya tak nahi....Aur Aaya to Aaya, sidha Anu ke ghar chala gya... tujhe kitni baar bola tha maine mat jaana.... Smajh nai aata kya tujhe?"

ANUJ ignoring her rant for 17,480th time now said :

"Devika Maine Anu ko Dekha Aaj...."

He couldn't say anything further and a lone tear fell from his eyes.

Devika's heart sank seeing her dear friend like that, infact both her friends who were perfect pieces of the same puzzle had to suffer alone. She looked up and cursed God for putting them into such situations. She put her hands on his arm and said :

" Anuj 10 saal ho gye Anu ki Shaadi ko tu aaj bhi nai bhula use. Aise kaise chalega yaar. Waha US me bhi tera ek relationship 10 din se jyada nai chalta....You need to move on and settle down buddy..."

Anuj :

"Jo chand se pyaar krte hain wo sitaro pe settle nai hote Devu....Anu ko mai is janam me to nai bhul paunga. Aur Aaj maine dekha....wo theek nai hai. Mujhe pata hai theek nai hai... maine dekha wo wo..."

His heart beated at the speed of jet thinking of her being unwell and in pain. Devika saw him panicking and held his hand.

" Anuj.... Anu ko kuch nai hua hai... wo theek hai yaar tu tension mat le"

" Nai devika.... Anu ke saath kuch to hua hai. Wo America Aane waali thi phir kyu nahi aayi. Use kya hua hoga achanak..."

"Anuj uski pregnancy ki wajah se nai jaa payi wo yaar..."

She looked at him, he was adamant. She knew that If Anuj felt something was wrong there has to be a reason....

Anuj was not all convinced :

"Tu jayegi naa uske paas..."

"uski Saas bahut Khadoos hai yaar... Bahut taane maarti hai...I can't tolerate her man.."

"Please Devika....mere liye"

His eyes were moist as if he was asking for his life back to her. How could she deny.

" Par Anuj...."

Anuj knew what she wanted to say

" Mujhe pata hai Anu ki shaadi ho gyi hai aur wo meri kabhi nai ho sakti. Par usko dard me dekhke kaise chala jau Devika....mujhse nai hoga ye...Mai saathi naa sahi Saaya to ban ke reh sakta hoo naa"

Devika hugged him with tears in her eyes and left to do the assigned task.

At Shah Residence :

Anupama felt restless today. Not because of her health but the fact that she couldn't take this man out of her thoughts.
Who was he?
Why was she not able to forget him? Why she felt like talking to him?

Her reverie was broken when Baa shouted :

"ANUPAMAAAA... khaana milega yaa hume bhookha hi maarne ka iradaa hai aaj.."

As soon as Devika landed at Shah Residence, She smelled the most exotic dhoklas being cooked at the kitchen by Devi Annapurna herself, means by Anupama Herself. She couldn't contain her excitement of meeting Anupama after 3 long years....
She ran straight to the kitchen without noticing Baa, Bapuji and Motibaa in the dining Hall shouting
"ANNU......"
Anupama turned back and was startled to see Devika after so long. Before she  processed anything... she got the tightest hug from Devika
Annu was elated at her arrival.
Baa followed devika quickly and entered the kitchen

"Waah.... Kaisi hai teri dost Anupama... tujhe kisi ne bado ke pair choona sikhaya nai kya? Seedhe andar aa gyi rasoi me..."

Devika was used to Baa's taunts by now. She touched her feet, suddenly hugged her and said

" oh sorry mai aapki Bahu ki tarah Itni sanskaari to nai hoo par Jai shree Krishna Leelu Darling..."

Annu was surprised and giggled hearing Leelu darling from her crazy friend. And Baa got shock of her life hearing that. She frowned and went away.

Few moments later :
she greeted Baapuji, gave chocolates to toshu and samar and straightaway hugged Moti Baa - the person Devika loved mostly in that house. Her personality was of a warming, caring and humorous elder required at every house.
MotiBaa said :

" Kaisi hai tu Devika? Kitne dinon se dikhi nahi... Apni saheli ki yaad nai aati tujhe"

Devika said sitting in the couch of hall beside moti baa.

"Itni pyaari dost ki yaad kaise nai aayegi MB... Isiliye to aayi hoo Anu ko le jaane bahar ghoomane ke liye... Mai use le jau naa... aapko koi problem to nai hai.."

Leela was about to deny, but Moti Baa was more than happy to finally see Annu getting some time for herself.

She immediately said  :
"Arey koi poblem nai hai... tu leja meri Anupama ko... kitne din se bahar nai gyi hai... Use aur uski nanhi jaan ko achaa lagega thoda ghum lenge to"

Anupama was the happiest to finally go out. She quickly got ready while Leela kept sulking....

Devika texted Anuj over Bbm:
"Permission is granted.Teri Heroine ko leke jaa rahi hoo Knowhere..."

[So That was the Chapter guys.
Tell me how it was and if you want me to do any changes.]

Awaiting your response😊😊

Thankyou for reading❤❤