Chapter - III [Hasti Rahe Tu Hasti Rahe]

As soon as Anupamaa entered the Knowhere Cafe, she felt nostalgic

As soon as Anupamaa entered the Knowhere Cafe, she felt nostalgic. So many memories of college life came rushing to her mind which were forgotten in a corner of her heart. The smell of Cheese Patties filled her with happiness. She had not felt this contented in the longest time.

Devika escorted her to the seat in the middle of the cafe as instructed by Anuj. He himself took a corner seat to have a perfect view of her with his hoodie cap on.

Devika gave him a look of -
"Kitna bada stalker hai tu😈😈"

Anuj returned her a look saying -

"Stalker nai lover hoo mai samjhi....Let me be happy😌😌"

The moment they settled, a waiter arrived to serve them with 2 piping hot cups of tea with Cream biscuits and Anu's favourite Cheese patties.

She was surprised to see all her favourites in a plate and said cheerfully :

"Devu....ye sab tune mangwaya...Mere liye"

Devika rolled her eyes towards Anuj and thought to herself :

"Pyaar me itna pagal to Romeo aur Ranjha bhi nai huye honge jitna ye hai🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️"

She said :

"Nahi tere aashiq ne mangwaya hai!!😉😉"

Anu widened her eyes while Anuj choked on his tea😂😂😂

"Ofcourse maine hi mangwaya hai... kuch bhi bolti hai"

Anupama laughed aloud while slightly hitting devika.

They both started reminiscing their childhood days.
Anupama was smiling, giggling, talking non stop and having her patties in the most messiest way possible🤭🤭

Anuj was admiring her from far. He was lost in her divine beauty....The pure smile on her pink cheeks filled him with joy after so long. She was married, mother of two children and pregnant with one but did not look a day older than how he saw her for the first time.
He wanted to fill his heart with her memories forever as he yearned to just get her one glimpse for 10 freaking years....

[A special Vm has been made for this scenario. Its available on my instagram Id - persistinginreverie. Please do check out]

~~TUMHE MAINE KABHI
YADON ME
TO KABHI
KHWAABON ME DEKHA
KORE KAGAZ PAR LIKHI
CHAND LAKEERON ME DEKHA
LEKIN CHAIN TO TAB AAYA
JAB
GULAABON SI
TUMHARI MUSKURAHAT
KO AAJ MAINE
MERI KHILTI HUI TAKDEERO
ME DEKHA~~

while talking Devika mentioned America all of a sudden and Anupama's Smile vanished away. Her eyes were filled with unsaid pain and she became silent.
Anuj came out of his daydream as he saw her become quiet suddenly.

Devika asked her :

"Anu tujhe itna bada chance mila tha yaar America jaane kaa...Tu gyi kyu nahi...waha jaana to tera sapna tha naa."

Anupama stole eyes from her and tried to divert the topic. But Devika was adamant. She held her hand and said :

"Dekh Anu baatein banana tujhe nai aata... wo mere jaise experts ka kaam hai. Teri aankhon me saaf dikh raha hai kuch to baat hai. Bata naa yaar... Tu mujhe nai batayegi to kya padosi ko jaake bolegi...."

Anupama couldn't hold her tears for long. They started flowing from her eyes. Yet she smiled and said :

"In haathon ki lakeeron me sirf Theple belna likha hai Devika....Udan Bharna nahi...."

Each drop of her tear and her painful words acted like somebody stabbed Anuj with a dagger right in his heart again and again.

Devika asked her the reason for not going to America. She tried to get the truth out of her.

Anupama just revealed that Baa did not want her to go away leaving the kids alone at home. So she changed her mind and also she got the news of pregnancy so there was no chance, she could have gone to America.

She was still restless, wanted to say a lot but couldn't express anything. She was ashamed to tell how brutally she was betrayed by someone whom she loved more than her life. How cunningly he manipulated her into doing something which she felt was love but it was a full proof plan to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.

Anuj couldn't take it anymore and left the cafe.

Devika feared about Anupama's health as taking stress at that stage of pregnancy was harmful to her. She changed the topic and started taking about her professional life.

Devika dropped her home after having great time together. She hugged Anu and promised to see her soon.

She immediately left to meet Anuj as he needed someone to talk.

At Hotel Hyatt -

Devika knocked on the door and realised it was open. She Entered and saw him standing in the balcony in deep thoughts. She stood beside him.
He realised her presence and said :

"Kyu Devika Kyu.... Meri hi Annu ke saath aisa kyu yaar. Sab meri galti hai...Agar us din use keh deta Ki mai usse jaan se bhi jyada pyaar karta hoon to aaj zindagi alag hoti... Bahut sundar hoti...."

Devika kept her hand on him arms and said :
"Anuj Zindagi me hume sab kuch nai milta yaar.... Jo ho gya hai use tu badal nai sakta...Anu shadi Shuda hai, khush hai apne bacchon ke saath. Uski kismat tu chah kar bhi nai badal sakta. Ab uski Family hi uski life hai aur wo log jaisa chahenge waise hi usko rehna padega..."

Devika's words hurt him but they were absolutely true.
She further said -

"Teri bhi ek Family hai dude Back in America , yaad hai naa.... tujhe unka bhi dhyaan rakhna hai.... Tu jitna yaha rahega Annu ki yaad aati rahegi... Its better you go back and move on...."

Devika left after talking to him.

How much Anuj hated this but it was a fact that he couldn't really do anything for Anupama then. It was too late. She was someone else's wife and had a family. Doing anything for her simply meant disrupting her life.

He called his agent and booked his flight to New York for the next evening.
He thought to himself -

"Tumhari zindagi me Dakhal dekhar use aur mushkil nahi banana chahta. Kanha ji se prarthna karoonga ki tum hamesha Khush raho..."

So what do you Think, Will Anuj really leave Anupama Forever and go back to America or Destiny has some other plans??

[This was a very quick update. I was so excited after watching MaAn ki haldi so I wrote this.]

Please leave your precious comments after reading.
Awaiting your response❤❤
Happy reading🤗🤗